"Mercy and truth met together; righteousness and peace have kissed each other." Psalm 85:10
It is a known fact that whatsoever, you commit to will commission you with result. Marriage needs high commitment like any other things you do to get result.
The marriage wheel has God in the center of it. God becomes the enabling force or power to make things work. Commitment is the greasing point in the marriage wheel that gives birth to :
- Love - Love they say is kind. Love tolerates and does not keep records of wrong. You can prophecy all the good things to the whole of mankind but you lack love you lack everything. 1 Corinthians 13:1-7
- With commitment you both give each other good sex. It does not become a tool to deal or starve your partner. 1Corinthians 7:3-5
- With commitment strong foundation are built. Togetherness is ensured. Values are developed and maintained. Legacy are left behind for upcoming family members to build on.
- Commitment helps for good conflict resolution. When you build together, you have a common goal. So when there is a conflict you don't refuse to settle and look for the cheap way out.
- Commitment helps couples in forgiving one another. That is why I counsel that you marry your friend. When you do so many things that others take to heart becomes a walk over for committed couples. First they see themselves as friends who offend each other and reconcile quickly not sleeping over their anger for one another.
- Commitment helps grease the relationship you have with your in-laws. My counsel to women don't even try to blank the man away from his family. You are setting up yourself to fail. Apply God's own wisdom and your home will run smoothly. If you are single let them accept you before you go ahead with the marriage plans or be ready to fight through the whole marital journey. But with commitment and Godly wisdom you can prayerfully sort out this as it relates to you.
My final submission is allow God to lead and be in the center of your marital project or journey. With him in the center commitment is easy and I pray you allow him and experience his goodness in the name of Jesus.
For further help on pre-marital teachings and counselling or marriage counselling click to sign up for free www.singlesandmarriedwithpastorv.com/sign-up/