Chesapeake Bay 2016

July 23 - Heading Out

We leave Anchorage Marina, Baltimore, at 7:15 in the morning. The predicted weather is miserably hot for the next week, but our strategy is to just go and deal with it. Jennifer gently backs the boat out and we head to Baltimore Marine Center. We need fuel! Our tanks hold about 300 gallons and we are down to 135. Jennifer eases the boat alongside the face dock at the marina and a kind wind pushes Turnstone right into place. We add 50 gallons to each tank, a neat $250 purchase.

That friendly wind now pins us against the dock. Luckily it is early and the winds are stil light so we can just back out in reverse. We go backwards a few hundred yards away from the dock and do our spinning there. Jennifer does the first shift and I do the second. With Jennifer doing all the early boat handling and with Turnstone's autopilot, I don't even touch the wheel until 10:30, three hours after we leave. I don't change the throttle for another few hours after that. This is a great, easygoing start to our trip.

Down to Galesville

The trip down is uneventful. We pull into the West River and attempt to anchor. The water is surprisingly shallow, just 8 feet, sometimes less. We never find a good spot. Our anchor is not digging well in the soft, black mud. Every time we think that the anchor has set, the holding is weak, and when we back it down we are either too close to a marina or too close to house docks.

We decide to move closer to the town dock, just outside of the mooring field. The holding is better here, but we are still worried about where we will end up once the tide changes.

Assembling the Dinghy

We assemble our dinghy, which is quite complicated. It sets on its side on our swim platform. Jennifer handles a bow line and I handle a stern line and we gently pivot it into the water. This is even more complex than usual because we have brought our bikes on this trip and they are blocking the dinghy lines.

Once it is in the water, we add oars, a dinghy bag with a security chain, running lights, and vessel documentation. We put on the electric motor, the battery, and the motor's throttle. We get life jackets for us and for Abigail. We hook up a leash to keep her on board. We put Abigail in her life jacket. Jennifer hands Abigail from the main boat down to me. I am waiting in the dinghy ready to receive the squirming doggie.

We snap her in, remove the dinghy from its davits, and gently and electrically we motor into the dock. Abigail is happy to romp around and do her private business.

I gotta go!

Dinner and the End of the Day

We head back to Turnstone. We are still not confident that our anchor will hold. While we were ashore another boat came in anchored halfway between where we tried to anchor before and where we are now. It is much more in the center of the water, and we prefer to be out of the middle of the thorofare. Where we are, dozens of boats are passing in front of us and behind us trying to go to Thursday's, a dock and dine seafood restaurant.

Once again, we pull up anchor and move further out near the other boat. We end up much further away from anything, which gives us plenty of room even if we drag a little. The anchor bites right away and we feel much better about our anchor spot.

We went

We go ashore again with Abigail, go to dinner at Thursday's, where we eat well-spiced fish and drink Mai Tais.

On our dinghy ride back, it begins to rain. Just as we get aboard, the skies let loose with a one hour, drenching downpour. The anchor holds, the 95* heat finally breaks, and our first day ends.

July 24th - Two Days at Solomon's Island, MD

Bikes on the Back

We are making a long run from Galesville to Solomon's Island. The distance is 58 miles and for planning we assume we will make 8 knots. The tides are good to us and we arrive in less than 7 hours.

There is not much to report. The heat and humidity are brutally high. But Turnstone cruises smooth and quick and our one-hour shifts are eased by the autopilot, chart plotter and radar. We are going to Zahniser's Marina. We receive crystal clear directions on where and how to dock up. They place us on their T head with a starboard tie up. That is an easy dock for us.

Once secured, we hook up the electricity (Yeah! air-conditioning). We add fenders to keep us off the dock. We readjust the dock lines to our liking. We have a celebratory soda. When "No boats are damaged! No people are injured!", we get an ice cold Diet Coke. Abigail gets her land romp.

Playing in Solomon's

We get out our bikes that we brought with us. We have tied them up in the stern of the boat, so we untie them and I lift one up and hand it over the railing to Jennifer. In an instant, we have pretty good transportation available. We mount a milk carton on the back of my bike and place a cushion in it and then Abigail has a seat and goes with us.

Solomon's is really quite pretty and we ramble through the lanes of neat and trimmed, modestly-sized houses. We head down the road and find a tiki bar that lets us have drinks outside with Abigail.

We meet some people who have come across the bay in a small, speed boat that cruises at 40 knots. They are quite an interesting family. The father manages a school bus fleet. Their daughter does cyber security for the FBI. Their son partners with dogs for the Department of Agriculture to eliminate nutria from the Easter Shore. His wife is a teacher and runs a sailing school in the summer. Oh yeah, they also have a ewe and a raccoon. Obviously they love the very hot Abigail.

We have a meh dinner at The Kingfisher.

A Rare Rest Day at Solomon's

Once again it is steaming hot. The weather is scheduled to go over 100* again, so we decide to stay at Zahniser's. We do some boat cleaning; there is always a need to polish wood or clean up the decks. I take Abigail on a very long walk down by the fishing pier.

Oiling the Teak

I lost my bathing suit yesterday, so we hop on the bikes and zoom over to West Marine and buy one. The heat is literally becoming an emergency. Abigail is on the boat in air conditioning and we end up in the pool for three hours. We meet a couple from Tom's River, NJ. Oddly, Lee, the wife, has just retired as a math professor from Monmouth University. That is only a mile from where we lived in Long Branch.

It's dinner in the dark. We prepare it on the boat and carry it out to the now-closed pool. Then it is early to bed for reading and internet surfing.

July 26th - Crisfield on the Eastern Shore of MD

We leave Solomon's. We are heading southeast across the bay to Crisfield, MD. It is a short 11 mile cross-over to the barrier islands of the eastern shore. We follow a narrow path between two of the islands and emerge at the very top of Tangier Sound. We ride the current down and turn east towards Crisfield. In all it is about a 35 mile trip.

While entering the inlet to Crisfield, there are always two or three waterman zooming in delivering their crab catch and two or three others zooming out to get more.

Somers Cove Marina is the town marina. It is an easy docking. The slip is straight in with no turns. There is a full length finger pier and a dock hand to help us tie up.

We look forward to a dinner of awesome crabs.


No crabs; Too hot!

We wander around the town in the now-expected astounding heat. The town is really depressed. Many stores are closed. I made sure that we would not here on Monday because that is the day that many restaurants close. However, several of the restaurants here are only open Wednesday to Saturday.

We go to our favorite crab house and it is out of business. We find a new crab house and they have a sign that says, "Too Hot! Will open tomorrow at 4PM". We walk to another and they have all of their tables set up with crab table paper, buckets, and mallets. It looks ready to go! But their sign says, "Closed - Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun." What the what?

Disappointed we found a Sno Ball stand open and purchased a pair to fight the sweltering heat. We went back to the marina and spent an hour in the pool. We chatted up a local couple who have reconditioned an old aluminum boat.

We eat dinner on the boat and decide that maybe Crisfield isn't a good stop for us.

July 27th - Up the Creek To Onancock, Va

We leave Crisfield to make a short 25 mile trip down Tangier sound to Onancock. We make the transition from Maryland to Virginia. It takes less than four hours and only the heat is notable.

The last five miles is up Onancock Creek. It is shallow and winding but well marked. The marina is Onancock Wharf owned by the town. The docking is the trickiest that we have encountered so far. The finger pier only extends out 10 feet, so that means we have to back in. I have only done this once before, so I am a little nervous. To make it more difficult, we have to back to port. Unfortunately, our reverse prop walk pushes our stern to starboard. It is also a small turning space we don't know where any shallows may lurk. It all works out OK though and we are in, looking a little large at a tiny dock.

Wandering around Onancock

We take the dog for a walk and an excretion. We wander into town for lunch. We find an Irish bar called The Blarney Stone. Aaah! Cold beer, a soft-shell crab for me, and a chicken wrap for Jennifer. We walk around the town with Abigail, but it is too hot and no one is really around. We have dinner and drinks at The Mallard Inn right at the marina. The bar is too tiny, the food is just OK, but most importantly, the air conditioning is having trouble keeping the restaurant cool in this heat.

We chat up some other boaters and a chicken farmer for Purdue. Amazingly, he has 11 acres and every nine weeks he gets a shipment of 250,000 chicks and raises them until they are 6 1/2 to 7 pounds. Purdue claims them and then the cycle stars again.

July 28th - Two Days at Cape Charles, VA


We leave Crisfield early, 7 AM, which is our habit. Jennifer gently guides the boat in reverse into the middle of the harbor. She spins Turnstone around and we head out to Tangier Sound. We have our usual cruising conditions.; the current is behind us and we make over 9 knots easily. The wind is light so there is little rolling. The humidity is stifling.

Our course takes us right by Tangier Island and eventually into the bay proper. We are near the shipping lanes. While we can see big container ships and RoRos, they seldom interfere with our heading.

The water is a little bluer and saltier down here. We have been seeing pelicans diving for fish and occasionally a flying fish. They do not have obvious wings, but they scoot along the surface for about 100 feet, looking more like they are running on their tail fins rather than flying. The journey is a relatively long one, about 51 miles, but the day is pleasant and we quickly get down to Cape Charles.

A Funky Entrance

At the Dock

There are two marinas at Cape Charles. Oyster Farm Marina and Cape Charles Town Harbor. The town harbor is run by the city and is for both recreational boats and working crab boats. It is right near Main Street. It is open to west winds and there is an active cement factory across the channel. The Oyster Farm Marina is a little bit fancier, a little bit more off the beaten path, and a little bit more expensive. Actually its name, Oyster Farm, is what attracted us to coming down this far.

We opt for the town marina. What seals the deal is that the Oyster Farm Marina is another two to three miles further. It goes through narrow and shallow and winding waters, marked by privately maintained markers. "Oh no! Not for us!" The town harbor it is.

But before we even get to either marina we run into a small dilemma. There is a narrow channel that runs from the bay to the inlet. There is a huge dredging vessel right in the middle of the channel. There are 3 foot diameter pipes heading in all directions. There are connecting, floating platforms scattered about. Here and there are double floating orange balls indicating something. We do not know where to go. Everything seems to block our planned route. We finally pull up short of the channel and motor in over shallow unmarked flats. They are passable and we make our way back onto the marked inlet channel.

We pull into the harbor. Jennifer contacts the harbor master and we receive our slip assignment. It is a full finger pier with a floating dock. Once again we need to back in. This time the prop walk works in our favor. We are getting better at this!

The Town

We made the right choice to go to Cape Charles Town Harbor. We do our usual ritual: electricity, air conditioning, check into the marina, celebratory soda, and a long dog walk. It is incredibly hot and humid, but we just go with it.

It is really hot!

The nice thing here is that there is a seafood restaurant called The Shanty right by the docks. From their window, there is a glorious view of our boat. Jennifer and I put the doggie in air conditioning. We go into the bar and have a couple of summer shandies and a dozen oysters. Our first oysters of the trip.

We take another dog walk during which we stop and have a couple more beers at the local Irish bar, called Kelley's Gingernut Pub. It is in a former bank but since we are with the dog we are seated outside. This is a tourist town so we watch the crowds go by and visit a few shops.

After a much needed rest, we go back to the Irish pub without Abigail and have dinner inside. The layout is interesting. The ceilings are two stories high and there are tables in nooks and crannies all over the place, including in a loft above the former vault.

Jennifer has a delicious she-crab cream of crab soup with a blueberry, strawberry, candied pecan salad topped with chevre. I have a Chesapeake Bay Cobb salad that is huge and delicious. Across the top there are colorful stripes of lump crab, bacon, chevre, sliced hard boiled eggs, and chicken breast pieces. Anyone of those stripes could have been a serving itself. We enjoy the meal and go back to the boat.

Next Day - Tourists

The next day is a layover day. We tour around on our bikes with Abigail. We take her to the beach, which allows dogs before nine O'clock. It is about half a mile up and a half a mile back and she has a fun romp. We then ride over to The Oyster Farm Marina. It is a compound of super large, new single homes, all painted a bright pastel color. There are pink, blue, orange, and even purple houses. The marina is totally new, very nice, and well protected. With even a light westerly wind, our boat was pitching in our marina this morning.

We head back to the main residential area of the town. It has many beautiful brick houses, most with porches. It has a very well kept Central Park that has a lovely fountain.

The town fountain

We take Abigail for an exceptionally long walk around the harbor. We visit the docked working boats and walk around and see Arabella, a 155 cruising sailboat that is getting fitted with a new mast.

A Trip to the Beach

After our long doggie walk, Jennifer and I unload the bikes, gather some towels, sandwiches, and sodas and head to the beach. It is about a half a mile away, so we got there in no time on our bikes.

Love sculpture - Cape Charles Style

We are on the very end of the DelMarVa peninsula, maybe 25 miles away from the Chesapeake Bridge. We are on the western shore or bay side. However, the beach is more like an ocean beach than a bay beach. The water is blue and salty. The beach is groomed, white sand. The water temperature is fabulous. It must be over 80*. We just jump right in without any fear of being cold. With the heat and humidity we have been having here, it is oh so refreshing.

They have some pretty cool art as well. A bronze Neptune statue and their unique take on a LOVE sculpture. The L is filled with shells, the O is a tractor tire, the V is a kayak split in half, and the E is made from crab traps.

Dinner at The Shanty and Sunset

After our beach swim, we have our traditional quiet time. That is when we read or nap or listen to music for an hour or two.

The temperature has cooled off enough to be outside. We walk the dog and then go to dinner at The Shanty. We each have an orange crush. Jennifer has fish tacos and I have a soft shell crab. They are both well prepared and tasty.

We return to the boat and get the dog and have beers on the foredeck of the boat. As osprey babies whistl, we have a most beautiful sunset.

July 30th - Deltaville

Cape Charles is the furthest south that we are going on our trip. Today's journey is a relatively short 28 miles. But for the first time we turn north. Not only that, we are also crossing the bay from the eastern shore back to the mainland. The boating is uneventful. The wind is with us, but, unlike most of the trip, the tide is favorable only about a half of the time.

We arrive at Deltaville, a busy, but isolated boating community. It is on the Piankatank River, which is about 25 miles south of the Potomac River. We stop and get 100 gallons of fuel at Norview Marina. We then go to Dozier's Regatta Marina. We get a pump out and the harbor master let's us stay tied up where we are for the night. We are grateful to not have a third docking for the day.

Dozier's Marina

While we are there a huge 52 foot cabin cruiser comes in to dock behind us. He comes up to our boat and spins the boat in the tightest space I have ever seen. I congratulate him later and he tells me that he does not have outboards but rather computer controlled pods that can rotate 180*. He just uses a joystick with a rotor to direct the boat and the computer sets all of the speed and directions. It worked great.

The rest of the day is very quiet. A storm blows through, but they have a protected porch. We have home-made pina coladas and play Skipbo on the porch. Once the storm is through, it is much cooler but still extremely humid. We cook old bay sausages at a grill and eat dinner on a picnic table.

July 31st - Back to Solomon's Island

We leave Deltaville and continue our journey north against the tide. The trip is long, over 58 miles. The difference between having a favorable tide and an opposing tide is 9 knots versus 7 1/2 knots. That means that today's trip will be longer than seven hours.

We leave at 7 AM so that we will be docked between 2 and 3. Not much happens. The seas are flat because the wind is behind us.

We dock on the T head at Zahniser's on H dock. The docking goes well, we settle in and then switch into chore mode. We unload the bikes and ride 3 miles to re-provision groceries and pick up a 12-pack of beer. As has been true most of this vacation, it is silly hot.

When we get back, we walk the dog, then put on our swim suits, and jump in the pool. After about an hour, we have cooled enough to get out and have iced drinks at the pool bar.


For dinner, we shower and dress fancy (collars on our shirts), ride our bikes to the Lighthouse restaurant. Jennifer loves her crab cake. She deems it Lexington Market Faidley-worthy. I have a huge, juicy mako shark filet covered with melted cheese and bacon. Yummy!

August 1st - Anchoring at Oxford

We leave Solomon's Island and head north again. Today's trip is 36 miles or five hours. We are going to cross the bay again and anchor out at Oxford, MD on the Eastern Shore.

Our travels on the water have, with the exception of the heat, been excellent. There have been two disappointments though. We have not had a clear night where we can see the stars. And we have not seen a a single dolphin. The sea creatures today have been captivating: we see lone crabs swimming in 75 feet of water, pelicans cruise just inches off the water and then riseand dive with a cannon-ball splash to catch a fish, flying fish dance on the waves, and tawny, bull-nose rays dodgeour ship and then disappear deep into the bay. But no dolphins.

Today as we left the Patuxent River and turn north, we don't see just one dolphin. We see a whole pod of dolphins. There are about 25 and they prance for us for about five minutes. There are always three or four dolphins surfacing the whole time. Yippee!

Our motoring takes us both across and up the bay to the Choptank River about 20 miles south of Annapolis. The Choptank has a wide opening and branches off into many other rivers. We go about 11 miles into the Tred Avon river in the northeast. There is a mooring field there for small sailboats and a ferry. There are children racing on 25' Optimists. We squeeze in as best as we can and drop anchor between the mooring balls and the path of the ferry.

Ashore the town is named Oxford, MD, and it is very boater friendly. There is a strand of sand right off the town and you can beach your dinghy. There is a ferry dock with a public dock off to the side. We assemble our dinghy and tie up at the town dock. We walk up to the Oxford Market and purchase icy cold 16 ounce Coca Cola in cans. It's a real treat! We take the dog across the street to a public park. We drink the sodas and Abigail chases squirrels. We sit on a bench and enjoy one of the most beautiful views of the bay. The shore are tree lined on the Tred Avon river, down the entire Choptank River, and all the way out to the bay. We adiscover a mystery book store, which turns out to be our beloved Mystery Loves Company, which moved here from Fells Point in Baltimore.

The ferry between Oxford and Bellvue

Ferrying for 333 years

Believed to be America's oldest privately owned ferry, the Oxford-Bellevue route was officially established in 1683. The ferry has had power supplied at times by sail, sculling, rowing, steam and now a modern diesel engine. It plies the waters of the Tred Avon River between Oxford and Bellevue on Maryland's Eastern Shore during the warmer months.

Abigail is happy to be on land.

A Storm Blows through.

Back at the boat, the weather is cooler, 85*, but still humid. We go ashore to have drinks at Salter's Tavern in the historic Robert Morris Inn. Jennifer has a rum drink and I have a peach drink. We share an appetizer of fried avocado sticks. It is outside, so Abigail is with us.

After we finish and pay, the wind kicks up and the sky turns scarily black. We jump in our dinghy and go back at full throttle, which is five knots for our electric outboard. Our boat sits right at the edge of the storm. The port sky is ominously dark, while the starboard side is eerily lit with sunlight, We just make it back before the rain starts, but the wind is blowing hard during the whole dinghy ride. The anchor line and chain are stretched taut and we are edging into the mooring field. The anchor holds, but it is clear that we cannot stay where we are. After everything settles down, we move way out into the river. We are not near anything now. As Jennifer lowers the anchor, the rain begins again. She successfully drops anchor but she is soaked. Such are the perils of boating.

Once the storm breaks, we are rewarded with one of the most stunning sunsets we have ever seen.

Aug 2nd - Shaw Bay

First thing in the morning, we go ashore and give Abigail a nice long walk. We head up to the Oxford Market. We buy a couple of egg sandwiches and head across the street to the town park. There is a nice lawn for doggie romping and tall, well-spaced trees and benches facing out over the river. It is one of the pleasantest spots we have been to during our 2016 journey.

We head back and get ready to go to Shaw Bay. As the crow flies, the distance from Oxford to Shaw Bay is only 12 miles. But traveling by boat is going to take 34 miles. We first leave the Tred Avon River and head east into the Choptank River. That trip alone is 12 miles. We turn into the Chesapeake Bay and have a short 11 mile run north. The tide is against us, but there is no hurry to get to Shaw Bay and drop the hook in the midday heat. We are taking it easy and running at 1600 rpm. We only get about 7 knots (Ha! take that six-knot sailboat!) We finally get to Eastern Bay, which is directly east of Herrington Harbor. It is still a winding way into Eastern Bay and through to the Wye River. This is another 11 miles up from the bay.

There is a large Kady Krogen trawler already anchored there. The depth is 18 feet, so we give them plenty of room and put out over 100 feet of anchor and line.

We do our dinghy assembly dance and take Abigail ashore. She and we are very disappointed. On the way in there is a huge seaweed field that keeps fouling our prop. Once we get ashore, the beach is almost underwater. It is only a few feet wide and Abigail is not a water dog. She does her business and we head back to a quiet and relaxing finish to the day.

We run the generator for the first time during the trip. We have an electric battery for our outboard engine. It has been two days and we have only used 25% of the battery. But tomorrow we are going to Annapolis. We charge up the battery to 100% in less than an hour.

Aug 3rd - Annapolis

We run into a real dilemma in the morning at Shaw Bay. Yesterday we took Abigail ashore at near high tide. This morning there is no beach at all. We zip around the harbor looking for a place to get her ashore. There is nothing. We try a dock that looks somewhat public, but it is not. When we get to land we see that we are on the wrong side of a gated, very private community. It is early and we encourage Abigail to go quickly. She does not.

We use a fair amount of dinghy battery to circumnavigate the shore, but we never find a suitable landing space for the future.

We are heading to Annapolis today. It is a short trip, 25 miles. We leave around 8:30 so we will arrive just before noon. That way we are assured that we will get a mooring ball. The trip is heading out west from the Wye River and out Eastern Bay, the reverse of yesterday's 11 mile run.We turn northeast and cross the bay in 6.6 miles. Along the way we pass Thomas Point Shoal Light, the last, active screw pile lighthouse.

Mooring in Annapolis

We turn into the Severn River and have our choice of mooring balls. We choose one right near the channel so we can watch tonight's sailboat races.

Eatin' in Annapolis

We assemble the dinghy and go ashore to Eastport. We head down 4th street to Davis' Irish Pub. I have a fresh soft shell crab sautéed in butter. Jennifer has fish tacos. As a special treat, the pub sells dog snacks. We get her a peanut butter filled taco. She is very happy.

We wander around a bit and then head back to the boat. We rest and then head under the bridge and up Spa Creek to Truxton Park. It is a beautiful ride, the houses are stunning, the boats are fascinating and there are lots of young, good looking girls on stand up boards. We get to the park and Abigail has a blast, zooming down the paths with a big smile on her face.

In the evening we go to The Boat Yard for dinner. We have some oysters and eat delicious seafood.

The Boat Race

We get back to the boat just as the sailboat races are finishing. We grab some drinks and put some cushioned chairs up on the bow of the boat. We plant Abigail between us.

I can't begin to explain how amazing the Annapolis race is. The wind is coming from the northeast, which means they will be finishing with their spinnakers up. The picture shows the first boat. There are over 150 boats, all with their spinnakers up. Dozens of types of boats, with all sorts of colors and patterns. They are passing in front of and behind our boat. It is a unique hour.

Aug 4th - Rock Hall

Today is our shortest day, 16 nm. We are heading to Rock Hall. We can't get to the marina until noon, so we kill some time. Jennifer goes for a run and Abigail and I go for an extended walk. We also cook eggs for breakfast.

The trip is quick and simple. Most of it northeast across the bay. The entrance to Rock Hall is shallow and tricky. We have to wind around the harbor to get to Rock Hall Landing. We spin the boat around and tie up starboard to a T-head. The dock master is excellent and docks us with ease.

Rock Hall - The Oysterman

We eat lunch at the Harbor Shack, a funky, open-air beach bar with Mexican Specials. We take our bikes for a tour of Rock Hall. We visit the many marinas and we are especially impressed with Harbor Haven. We get a little lost on the way back.

We go to the pool. They allow you to drink cans of beer in the pool, which is a special treat. We meet our boat neighbors, who as is so common, work or worked for AT&T.

For dinner we go to The Waterman's Crab House and have a dozen medium crabs and a pitcher of ShockTop beer.

Aug 5th - Home to Baltimore

We head for home. It is a short trip, 19 nm, practically due west. It is pretty uneventful with a six mile crossing of the bay. When we get near the Key Bridge there is a very light sprinkling of rain. It is the first rain underway for our whole vacation. Once under the bridge we are surrounded by logs. They are everywhere. It feels like a last warning from the sea gods. "You traveled under excellent conditions at our behest. Do not forget!".

We get into our slip and are thrilled to be home. We take our bikes and ride up to our house. It is great because there are no issues. We take the car down to the marina and unload clothes and food.

Fun in Baltimore

We jump immediately into Baltimore mode. We get an excellent lunch from Di Pasquales Italian Market. We go to Fells Point. We get a half dozen $1 oysters. We go to The Admiral's Cup and there is a guy playing a guitar. Finally! We go down the pier and listen to a Reggae / Ska band at Free First Fridays. We head over towards home and stop at the Canton Liquor House and the 1919. We get a whole chicken at Royals Farms. We get an Uber home and eat dinner in the basement watching Netflix. The trip was wonderful. But I sure love Baltimore.

We are back!

Significant Digits

0 days - Time spent traveling in the rain.

2 days - Longest time that we stayed at any marina, Solomon's Island and Cape Charles

4 days - At anchor or on a mooring, Galesville, Oxford, Shaw Bay, and Annapolis.

7 1/2 knots - Average speed.

13 - Days aboard.

16 nm - Shortest leg, from Annapolis to Rock Hall.

55 hours - Time running the engine.

59 nm - Longest leg, from Deltaville to Solomon's Island.

170 gallons - Fuel usage.

400 nm - Total distance covered in the boat.

Created By
John Eddy

Made with Adobe Slate

Make your words and images move.

Get Slate

Report Abuse

If you feel that this video content violates the Adobe Terms of Use, you may report this content by filling out this quick form.

To report a Copyright Violation, please follow Section 17 in the Terms of Use.