Phillips Museum of Art
The exhibition Containing the Muse: Artists' Books as Expression & Form is now available online. This exhibition was developed in partnership with the college's library and features 15 works from Archives and Special Collections. It explores the many different forms artists’ books can take while providing an opportunity for creative expression of all types.
Explore the collections of the Phillips Museum of Art online and follow them on social media for updates about virtual activities and events.
Alice Drum Women's Center
As the Alice Drum Women’s Center moves its operations online, we remain steadfast in our commitment to dialogue and action around women’s issues. We are persistent in our mission and we do so to create a campus of equality, inclusion, and advocacy along the intersections of race, class, sexuality, gender, and disability. Although we are not physically together, we remain tied by our desire for a more just future!
We come to you every Friday with an F&Minist Dispatch. In our dispatches, you will find suggested readings, art-as-activism, and boredom busters, along with feminist insight and critical thoughts from our Alice Drum Women’s Center Student Board and larger F&Minist community. We hope this will help to keep your feminism alight in this time of upheaval. We wish you well from our socially distant spheres!
Past Dispatches will also be on our Facebook Page.
We will be adding additional classes and meditation sessions for the fall semester. Stay tuned for more info!
Vinyasa Yoga; Tuesdays, 6-6:45pm EDT; Led by Sydney Strubel '20 via Zoom
Hatha Yoga; Fridays, noon-12:50pm EDT; Led by Julie Saragosa via Zoom
Everyone is welcome — kids, partners, roommates, and pets have been joining us!
Hatha and Vinyasa yoga incorporate many of the same poses. Vinyasa moves at a faster pace and breath is used to coordinate movement flowing from one pose to the next. Hatha yoga allows for more stretching because it is done more slowly and poses are held for longer.
Learn Something New
- Learn how to access all kinds of content from LinkedIn Learning with your F&M Net ID.
- Lunch Doodles with Mo Willems! Join Kennedy Center Education Artist-in-Residence at Home for a live daily doodle lesson at 1 p.m. EDT. Videos will be available after live on the Kennedy Center YouTube channel.
- Join the McHarper Manor weekdays on Facebook for a daily art project tutorial. Art projects will range from watercolor paintings to chalk art to canvas painting and will take place live at 1 p.m. EDT. Videos will be available after the live class on the McHarper Manor Facebook page.
- For an introduction to mindfulness meditation that you can practice on your own, visit UCLA Health for downloadable guided meditations in both English and Spanish.
- Great overall fitness tips from the American College of Sports Medicine.
- FitnessBlender has over 600 full length at home workouts on YouTube. Quick, simple, and to the point.
- Try Blogilates for full-length, pilates-inspired workouts you can follow along at home.
- Don't have any equipment? Try a bodyweight training plan.
- Yoga Journal has a great list of free yoga options.
Explore the World Virtually
- National Museum of Natural History virtual exhibits
- The Louvre
- National Gallery of Art
- Metropolitan Museum of Art, including 360 video
- National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art, Korea
- Van Gogh Museum
- National Museum of Anthropology, Mexico City
- British Museum
- Go on a virtual field trip to Ellis Island
- Take a live look at Colonial Williamsburg
- Tour England through this 360 video
- Virtually discover Yellowstone National Park and 5 other National Parks thanks to virtual reality (and Google)!
- Talk a walk on the Great Wall of China
- Check out the view from Pompeii through Google Maps
- Explore the surface of Mars on the Curiosity Rover
- Walk around lots of cities via 4K video
Have Some Fun
- Tune in April
- Host a Netflix party with this Google Chrome extension.
- Try one of these online, playful chess variants.
- Play a video game that might be older than your parents at the Internet Arcade!
- Fill out some of these adorable, printable activity sheets from illustrator Adam J. Kurtz.
- Listen to new or favorite artists with this list of virtual concerts updated regularly by NPR Music.