Students stunned audiences with incredible sold out performances of Les Miserables last week. Photo by Annie Funnell
...We are engaged in something bigger than ourselves: a worldwide effort to prevent harm to our friends, family, neighbors, and elders of our global community. So, stay tuned in to each other, to the elderly, and the adults and children around us. Wash your hands and eat as healthy as you can. We’re in this together." Allison Gaines Pell, Head of School
This Week at Wheeler
- We share the video of our Hamilton Lifetime Achievement honorees, Sally Taylor and Dean Bragonier, during our all-school assembly.
- Congratulations to our Academic Support Department, the recipients of the Dan and Joanna Miller Fellowships, for 2020.
- In our recently redesigned Aerie (the Aerie Approach) classroom space we witnessed over five classes teaching five different global languages, including, Spanish, Russian, Latin, and American Sign Language.
- From time to time, we all get stuck in a fixed mindset, but our 4th Grade is here to remind us (with the use of the green screen in our Digital Production Studio!) that a growth mindset is the best way to achieve your goals!
- While tomorrow's Hope for Haiti/Open Mic Night is postponed, watch for a GoFund Me! Page, and you can still help support this important cause.
- Our 9th-graders presented a 2-minute flash-talk on major issues about the Internet and its effects on people and society. #DigitalCitizenship
- We are proud to share this year's Cum Laude Society induction ceremony video from this morning. See the list of honorees here.
- THANK YOU! We are delighted to announce that we met the $50K for 50 Leaders Annual Fund challenge that was put forth from an anonymous donor just four weeks ago!
8th Grader Alivia (Liv) Deitcher created a video in her Spanish Language class that describes how a seemingly normal day suddenly turned very strange and wacky!
HAVE A GREAT SPRING BREAK!
SPRING BREAK BEGINS 3 PM FRIDAY, MARCH 13.
Classes Resume, 8 am, Monday, March 30 - Enjoy your break!
There are even more calendar highlights on our website www.wheelerschool.org! Login to the Parent Portal to see the full Wheeler calendar as well as parent and staff directories.
Awards and Honors: Be sure to check out all the latest Awards and Honors of our students! Check out new awards for Winter sports season, Writing and MATHCOUNTS (3 of the top 8 were Wheeler students!) There are several categories to look through, so make sure to check them all!
New After School Enrichment Offerings: Will begin when we return from Spring Break, but you can view them in advance!
Spring Forward Fridays at the Wheeler School Store: Spring break is on our minds! Friday is the FINAL DAY to spin the wheel for great discounts towards purchases of $10 or more.
Become a Mentor Family: It is almost time to start welcoming new families to the Wheeler community for the next school year! We invite you all to volunteer as a Mentor Family and become part of this much-appreciated Wheeler tradition - please click HERE to sign up.
Save the Date for Grandparents/Special Friends Day - May 8, 2020: This is a wonderful opportunity for grandparents or special friends to see what makes our community unique and share in their grandchildren’s school experience. As we prepare to mail invitations for this special day, please complete this contact form for each grandparent/special friend that you would like us to invite. Please note: This invitation does not apply to children, rather 'special friends' applies to adults who can attend in place of a grandparent.