OUR COOL DOWNTOWN
You and your college friends can make downtown Cincinnati your personal playground. Shuttles from Xavier’s campus will take you to downtown activities that abound all year-round. There’s free music festivals in the summer and ice skating in the winter. You and your friends can watch football on the Jumbotron or get swept away by the on-ice chaos of a broomball match.
ARTS & CULTURE
When it comes to visual and performing arts, Cincinnati definitely has its act together. In fact, the city has one of the most diverse cultural scenes in the Midwest, with several orchestras, theaters, museums, and a large community of working artists.
• Cincinnati Art Museum, a home for 67,000 works of art spanning 6,000 years
• Cincinnati Ballet, a creative force of classical, modern, and children’s dance productions
• Cincinnati Shakespeare Company, no seat sits farther than 20 feet from the thrust stage
• Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra, the fifth oldest symphony orchestra in the United States
• Cincinnati Opera, the second oldest opera company in the United States
• Contemporary Arts Center, where art and the creative process belongs to all people
FIND YOUR NICHE
Just minutes from campus, you’ll discover pockets of neighborhoods, each with a distinct feel and culture.
Admire the architecture in Hyde Park as you and your friends browse the bookstores, coffee shops and art galleries. Play games, duck into a jazz club or visit a sushi bar in Over-the-Rhine.
Walk through a market or participate in a yoga class in Oakley. Over-the-Rhine is famous for having more than 50 restaurants in a one-mile radius. Try the kimchee‐laced hot dog and a side of duck‐fat fries. Thank us later.