What is the zebra?
Mammal that lives in Kenya and Ethiopia. Is a mammal that belongs to the equidae family. Black and white stripped with large ears and a mane. Herbivore that eats grasses and shrubs. Travels in heards and is very social. Consumed by carnivores and killed by humans. Travels with heards up to 30+, very social.
- Food Source for predators and scavengers
- Prevents over-eating of other herbivores
- Tends to foliage
- (Indirectly) Controls the insect population some
- Plays important roles for its ecosystem
- Predators eat zebras (Example Lion, Jaguar, Nile Crocodile, etc.)
- Provides energy (Energy through carnivore consumption and decomposition)
- Indirectly helps control the insect population
- Helps balance niche rolls