Representative Government states that citizens elect representatives to government to make laws. Writers created indirect democracy in which voters elect representatives to govern. An example of this is how the constitution is made. The constitution is stipulated by having the citizens indirectly elect only the representatives to the House of Representatives. You can educate yourself more about the representative government you can find it in the constitution in Article 4, Section, 2, Clause 1.
US CONSTITUTION QUIZ:
1. Where can you find examples of "Popular Sovereignty" in the constitution?
2. What is the idea of "Limited Government"?
3. Tell what would happen if "Separation of Power" didn't exist.
4. In your own opinion, do you think there are any problems with federalism?
5. What are the pros and cons of checks and balances?
6. Can you develop a proposal which could replace "Representative Government"?