Welcome to the most beautiful country in the world! Prepare for mind-blowage.
10 acres. 5 bedrooms. Views that will take your breath away. Champagne and cheese. Tennis and G&Ts. Hot tub Jacuzzi and chocolate. Kids laughing and playing in the lawn (kids are not included). This special place is best described through photos, a variety of which are shared below.
The modern interior of schist and natural wood blends perfectly with the incredible mountain environs. The warm, homey environment has an open floor plan that allows for easy movement between the kitchen, dining room, family room, all with a central fireplace in the middle to keep everything extra cozy. The main room around the kitchen is where everyone usually seems to gather to enjoy wine and snacks while looking out the giant windows on both sides that provide stunning views of the two iconic mountain ranges: The Remarkables and Coronet Peak.
The home itself also serves as the private gallery of Trey Ratcliff, a world-famous photographer who has collectors such as Leonardo DiCaprio, Edward Norton, as well as New Zealand collectors including Sir Michael Hill. When there are no guests, the home acts as an invite-only art gallery.
What amenities does the house have?
- Sleeps max 10: King Bed in Master Room, King Bed in Room #2, King Bed in Room #3, Two Singles in Room #4, Two Singles in Room #5
- Full Kitchen ready for cooking and serving (pots/pans/plates/utensils)
- Cinema/Theater room
- Master bedroom with epic view
- Double-vanity in both the Master Bathroom and the Hall Bathroom
- Three toilets in the house
- Small office with great view
- One room with adorable beds for little girls or people that like to feel like princesses
- Arts & crafts nook for creative guests
- Laundry room with washer/dryer
- 2-car garage
- 6 bikes: 1 for an adolescent, 1 for a teen, 4 for adults
- Underfloor heating
- Huge deck for entertaining that opens into a private amphitheater lawn. Outdoor couches, seats
- Sex dungeon (just kidding... or am I?)
- New tennis court, rackets, balls, practice wall
- Basketball court, netball court
- Giant lawn for the kids to romp
- Board games
- Short drives to award winning restaurants, shopping, and activities. Many recommendations are at the bottom of this page
- If Trey Ratcliff (the artist-in-residence) is at his nearby studio, he is welcome to give you an art tour if interested