Enrolling in the School iPad Program
For an iPad to be used at school, it must be enrolled in our school Mobile Device Management (MDM) system. This provides access to a safe and secure learning environment. We use the Department of Education’s network filter, Eduproxy and Zuludesk Management System.
Zuludesk enables the following to occur automatically at school:
- Connection to the school network, server and WiFi.
- Connection to the education department filtering system, ensuring safe internet searching.
- Connection to compatible school hardware, such as Apple TVs, printers.
- Installation of educational apps.
Our school technician will enrol your child’s iPad in the MDM system.
Enrolment does not affect or control any use at home. You may withdraw from the school MDM system at any time and this will remove any connection your iPad had to school, including provided apps.
iPad safety at school: Usage & the Responsible Usage Agreement Policy
The North Melbourne Primary School Responsible Usage Agreement Policy outlines the rights, responsibilities and regulations of iPad use at school. It is designed to ensure that iPads are used safely and appropriately at school to enhance student learning.
All students, parents and teachers are required to agree to the School Acceptable Usage Policy of ICT. For the safety of all students, North Melbourne Primary School reserves the right to limit student access to technology and the school network if they disregard any part of the policy.
At school we promote a safe learning environment by:
- Using Education Department Internet network filters for safe internet searching.
- Teaching positive & responsible online behaviours.
- Creating school agreements that outline student expectations when using technology.
- Linking cyber-safety and to our school wellbeing program.