WHAT THEY DO
There is a 40% increase in incoming refugee rate, therefore the UNHCR needs our help more than ever. The UNHCR provides a wide range of items to around 43 million people, including but not limited to:
- Medical kits.
- CEO: Kathy Calvin.
- Founded: December 14, 1950.
- Staff number: 10,700.
- Budget: 6 billion in 2013.
- CEO approval rate: 100% on Glass Door.
This picture shows some basic statistics regarding the current refugee crisis.
- Good oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team.
- Good time management skills.
- Good level of computer proficiency.
- Fluency in English required. Fluency in a second language, such as Spanish, French or Arabic preferred.
How I fit in the UNHCR
- I love helping people.
- Fluent in Arabic and English.
- Good independent and teamworker.
- Effective communicator.
- Experience working with refugees.
The "try not to cry" section
- Syria: About 8.7 million people are now considered missing in Syria.
Child surrenders thinking he is going to get shot by a cameraman.
- Greece: During one month about 200,000 refugees made their way to Greece.
Child tries to cross borders to find safety.
- Lebanon: Lebanon has taken in 1 million refugees while being about 0.1% the size of US.
- Central African Republic: A three year civil war has left about 2.4 million people in need.
Refugee camp in a town called Batangafo