MIS STUDENT RECOGNITION
Spell Bowl Teams: Both our 4th grade (41 points) and combined 5th/6th (49 points) grade teams took first at the local competition. When the scores from across the state were tabulated our 4th grade team placed in the Top Ten in the state at 8th in their division while our 5th/6th grade team finished 12th in their division. A great job to both teams and their sponsor, Mrs. Tilley
4th Grade Team - 8th in the State
Combined 5th/6th Grade Team: 12th in the State
Gotcha Prize Winners: We would like to recognize the following students for exhibiting great character throughout the week. They were selected as our "Gotcha" prize winners this week:
Sarah P., Kylynne S., Jaydin F., Tyler W., Olivia R., Charlotte P., Brennyn C., Blake L., & Malachi V.
MIS students are spreading kindness and positivity through being a Bucket Filler. What have you done today to fill someone’s “bucket?” #bucketfiller #kindnessmatters #Proud2bMIS
weekly school News
1. Thanks to PTO: The MIS Staff would like to send a big thank you to the PTO for all of the goodies you provided in honor of American Education Week. It was very much appreciated.
2. #thankfulThursday: As mentioned in earlier newsletters, two summers ago we had a large group of staff members meet on several occasions to discuss our old "Behavior Card." The goal was to find a way to make this a more positive communication tool for our parents and students. This evening, you will have the opportunity to review and sign your child's "Character Card." This card was created as a scaled feedback tool to provide you with, not only the traditional information you have always received, but also a glimpse into the positive choices and leadership that your child is displaying throughout his/her day.
Knowing this, the office staff is requesting your help. We would like to share with our staff regular, positive feedback from a variety of sources. Please take a few moments and use the link below to provide some encouragement to those folks that are making a major difference in your child's future. These comments can be anonymous, or you can provide your name. The office staff will use the provided comments every Thursday for our #thankfulThursday movement. The attached form can be completed, as little or often as you like, throughout the entire school year. We appreciate your support in growing the culture of gratitude that already exists at MIS!!
A couple positive comments already submitted:
"I am so thankful for Mrs. Leliaert and the leadership she brings to Maxwell. Her efforts and dedication to the growth of our students and staff are unmatched. Thank you, Mrs. Leliaert, for making STEM night another successful night for our students and their families."
"Mrs. Smith (Strifler) is going above and beyond with her students! Giving her time 2 mornings a week for tutoring."
3. Thanksgiving Break (November 27th - 29th ): We will be out of school next Wednesday, Thursday and Friday to celebrate Thanksgiving. The next MIS News will be available on Friday, December 6th. We hope you have a safe and enjoyable break.
4. MIS Spiritwear: Parents, the link below will take you to a website to obtain MIS Spiritwear (t-shirts, sweatshirts, hats, etc.) The site will only be open for one week! The short timeframe is so that we can get merchandise to you before winter break.
5. Common Sense Media: Common Sense Schools ensure their students have the skills they need to harness the power of technology in the classroom and beyond. Maxwell Intermediate is working towards becoming a Common Sense School to demonstrate to our community a commitment to responsible, effective technology use. Working together, schools and families can prepare kids to think critically and use technology in positive, creative, and powerful ways.
For more information on how you can help your child with digital citizenship, please visit the Common Sense site by clicking here.
6. Environment Club News: The Environmental Club is happy to report that they have hit their goal with the plastic caps and lids. At this time, they are no longer collecting plastic lids and caps for recycling.
However, they will begin a new collection on Monday, November 25th. They will be collecting plastic bags - the ones from grocery stores, Walmart, etc. They will be weaving these into mats for the homeless.
7. Greenfield Youth Baseball Fundraiser (Drey Jamison Meet & Greet)
8. Rally For Riley Spirit Week (December 2nd - 6th): Click Here for Details
9. Toys for Tots: If you would like to make a donation to the cause, a collection box is available in the school office until December 8th.
10. School Dismissal Manager (CLICK FOR INSTRUCTIONS):
Maxwell Intermediate School utilizes the School Dismissal Manager program or app to safely manage transportation arrangements for our students at the end of the day. Parents may also report absences or schedule early dismissal for appointments. We are fully using SDM at this time. Any change you need to make to your child's after school transportation should be done through this prior to 1:00pm. If you have any questions regarding this program, please do not hesitate to contact our office at (317)326-3121.
KEEPING UP WITH THE LATEST AT MIS