CSI WEEK IN SPORTS is for CSI Staff, Office of Post-Secondary Readiness and District collaborators; detailing weekly updates, events, & highlights.
"There is a way to do it better - find it."
- thomas edison
UPDATES THIS WEEK:
“If you always do what you always did, you will always get what you always got.”
- Albert Einstein
Oakland launches a cohort of school leaders participating in the School Retool experience. Educators from OUSD District-run & charter-run schools participate in a series of day-long sessions making meaning of activities such as "shadow-a-student" where leaders spend an entire day living the experience of their students.
Recent School Retool session included particularly powerful reflection for the team at TCN (Think College Now) who saw their program design in a whole new light.
Pablo Villavicencio, Launched in collaboration with internal/external colleagues - contact him with any questions.
New Middle School creating dual language opportunities for Oakland children in East Oakland. The cross school design team is gearing up for the start of the year. CSI facilitates the Conditions on Opening process to ensure a great start!
Joe Dominguez joins Pablo Villavicencio and the Oakland SOL design team on Saturday at Rudsdale campus - new 2017-18 home.
Pablo Villavicencio leading CSI's support of the new school opening - contact him with any questions.
Oakland Schools are beginning this spring to develop innovative Transformation Plans as their site plans for 2017-18. These plans increase the rigor and engagement of Site Planning for schools who are working to dramatically improve their programs.
Pablo Villavicencio leading the District's Transformation Plan efforts involving Elevation School, in collaboration with MDC (Mastery Design Collaborative)- contact him with any questions.
QSD Designations will help to ensure it is clear whether or not schools are making "steady progress".
As part of the QSD policy - schools must make "steady progress"
- These will be vetted with Principal Advisory, Exec Cabinet, and Board leadership prior to roll-out.
SPRING 2017 SOFT ROLL-OUT
- Certified Schools (Tier I)
- Certified Focus Schools (Tier II)
- Certified Priority Schools (Tier III)
- Certified Exemplary Schools (Top 1/3 Tier I - two years)
- Certified School (Tier I)
- Certified Focus School (Tier II)
- Certified Priority School (Tier III)
- Transformation Schools (Lowest 1/3 Tier III + SQR)
- Reinforce expectations that specific schools prioritize their resources for certain improvements
- Guide prioritizing central investments & supports
- Identify schools who may be eligible (with Strong school site governance) for access to increased autonomies
- Identify schools requiring significant accelerations
KEY EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Facilities / CSI Ni-Weekly Sync Mtg
- Executive Cabinet
- Performance Working Group Funding Mtg
- Legal - Lodestar @ King Estates Mtg
- Equity Pledge Leadership Check-in
- CSI Staff 1:1's
- Elevation / CSI / Community Engagement Coord Mtg
- Design Team Leader & Superintendent Meeting
- African American Literature Read-In (Montes @ Fruitvale)
- BOE Community Engagement Planning Mtg.
- CDE Data Dashboard Mtg
- CSI Team 1:1's
- ACOE - SIG Collaboration Call
- Legal - EBIA @ Marshall Mtg
- Integration Grant Review
- CSI / Engagement Team: MLK/ West Oakland Planning
- GO Public Schools - Quality Schools Check-in
- KPI Session Planning Meeting
- ERS Weekly Planning Meeting
- CSI Team 1:1's
- Superintendent Work Plan Meeting 2a, 2c
- SPF Project Team Meeting
- TGDS Data Preparation Meeting
- Board of Education Meeting
- COVA re: Westlake Collaboration Mtg
- QSD Designations Planning Session
- Sherman Campus Facility Long Term Meeting
- CSI Team 1:1's
- Board Charter Staff Report Coordination Meeting
- SIG Fiscal Planning Meeting
- SSD Session
- SSD Follow-up Planning
- Gloria Lee Check-in
- Castlemont / LPS Facilities Meeting
OUSD & CSI Team is partnering with Oakland Kids First to develop curriculum for YOUTH to meaningfully engage with the SPF (School Performance Framework).
Students will conduct action-research to help take leadership in
Contact Corey Donahue with any questions about this initiative.
Keep this hit record on the air... contact CSI to receiving Department training on how to read and use the SPF and KPI's.
KPI's - Key Performance Indicators
FOCUS: Racial Equity
CSI - WHAT DO WE DO?
Office of Continuous School Improvement
Helps schools and our district become the "Best at Getting Better"
- Measuring & reporting school performance annually & throughout the year using SPF and KPI's (district & charter)
- Designing & implementing tools for strategic school site planning, progress monitoring of programs, analysis and reporting of what's working & not working, and sharing effective practices
- Identifying schools for Intensive supports or eligibility for Innovation; & coordinating access & implementation of those supports and services
- Facilitating decision-making and implementation of new schools, grade configuration expansions, & charter reauthorizations, school mergers or consolidations, and school closures
- Facilitating team responsible for ensuring annual allocation of facilities for new and/or growing schools, changing programs, and charter school requests
We remain lean by collaborating across the district to ensure that Quality is Everyone's Responsibility
Please Contact David Montes de Oca with Immediate Questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
OUSD Selects its Values!
Students First - Equity - Excellence - Integrity - Cultural Responsiveness - Joy