" I would like to be remembered as a person who wanted to be free... so other people would be also free " -Rosa Parks
" As far as I can remember, I knew there was so,egging wrong with our way of life when people could be mistreated because of th color of skin " -Rosa Parks
Who is Rosa Parks?
- Civil rights activist
- Born on February 4, 1913
- The woman who refuse to give up seat to a white passenger
- This act took place on December 1st, 1955
- Rosa Parks childhood brought her early expirences with racial descrimination and activism for racial equality
- In 1932, at age 19, Rosa met and married Raymond Parks
- She later died October 24,2005, at the age of 92, Rosa oarls queitly died
The subject I chose to write about was Rosa Parks. Rosa Parks is one of the faces we should know from the civil rights struggle. She made the desicion to not leave her seat on a segregated bus and she became known as the mother of the civil rights movement . In the four decades after refusing to give up her seat, we saw the end to legalized segregation in America. Where now people of color enjoy the access to business and education opportunities.