Mark Your Calendar!
Monday, Oct. 24th - Day 5
- 4th Grade Field Trip: The Philadelphia Zoo (O'Malley, DiCicco, Callis, Sayler, Wolfe, and Jackson)
- 515 Building Spirit Week: Hawaiian Shirt Day*
- Grades 7/8: Mesh Backpack Sale Fundraiser Begins (Proceeds Benefit National Junior Honor Society)
- Grades K-3: Apple Crunch Day (Sponsored By Penn State Pro Wellness)
- Grades K-6: Original Works Fundraiser Begins
- Grades 7-12: CCST Interest Meeting for The Music Man 6:00pm @ 515 Auditorium
Tuesday, Oct. 25th - Day 6
- 150 Kindergarten Field Trip: Cherry Crest Farms (D’Ambra, Ithier, Thomas, George, and Covert)
- 515 Building Spirit Week: Pajama Day* (No Slippers)
- Grades 7-12: End of 1st Marking Period
- Varsity Cross Country vs. Avon Grove Charter 3:45pm @ Avon Grove Charter
Wednesday, Oct 26th - Day 1
- 150 Kindergarten Field Trip: Cherry Crest Farms (Sullivan, Frank, Euler, and Sherman)
- 515 Building Spirit Week: Twin Day*
- TCISL Girls' Volleyball Championship 3:30pm - 8:00pm @ 535 Gymnasium
- Science Fair Open House 6:00pm - 7:00pm @ 515 Auditorium
Thursday, Oct 27th - Day 2
- 4th Grade Field Trip: The Philadelphia Zoo (Ryan, Putt, Tripp, Haldeman, and Deegler)
- 515 Building Spirit Week: Throwback Thursday*
- Grades 9-12: Student Council's Pay $1.00 to Wear Pink Shirt w/Uniform Bottoms to Raise Money for Breast Cancer Awareness Day (Proceeds Benefit the Susan G. Komen Foundation)
Friday, Oct 28th - Day 3
- Early Dismissal for Students (Grades 7-12: 11:30am and Grades K-6: 12:15pm)
- 515 Building Spirit Week: Fandom/Sports Day*
- Grades 9-12: Wellness Day (Sponsored by Student Council)
- Grades K-6: Wear Red Day for Red Ribbon Day (Wear Red Shirt w/Uniform Bottoms)
- K-12: CCS Athletics Department Sock-It-To-Us Collection Ends
- 515 Building Fall Harvest Dance 6:00pm -8:00 pm @ 515 Cafeteria
- HS Movie Night Sponsored by Student Council 7:00pm - 10:00pm @ 535 Building
*All apparel must be school-appropriate and meet the standards of dress outlined in our Student Code of Conduct.
Saturday, Oct. 29th
- CCST The Music Man Pre-Audition Workshops 9:00am - 2:00pm @ 515 Auditorium
- Family Bowling Session 1 - Sponsored by the HSA 3:20pm - 5:20pm @ Palace Bowling & Entertainment Center
- Family Bowling Session 2 (Featuring a DJ) - Sponsored by the HSA 5:40pm - 7:40pm @ Palace Bowling & Entertainment Center
Nominate CCS Teachers Today
Citadel's Heart of Learning Award is a teaching excellence award for Chester County teachers. Each year, 15 finalists and three overall winners are honored with an award, cash prizes, and a night of celebration at the annual awards banquet. The nomination period for Citadel's 2017 Heart of Learning Award is open now through December 31, 2016. Nominations are submitted by accessing the link below.
K-12 Yearbook Now on Sale
The CCS Anamnesis Yearbook Advisor, Mr. Springer, and his team of high school students are proud to announce the official start of yearbook sales! Taken from the Greek word meaning "recollection," the CCS Anamnesis is our K-12, full-color, hard-bound yearbook.
Yearbook sales are online. The deadline for making your online yearbook purchase is April 28th. Access the link below and order your copies of the Anamnesis yearbook now before the price increases on November 23rd.
Questions? Please email CCS Anamnesis Yearbook Advisor, Mr. Springer.
National Junior Honor Society Book Swap
Attention MS students and families: Do you have books lying around the house that you've finished reading? Want a new book, but don't feel like going all the way to the bookstore?
Drop off your used books in the 515 Building collection bin outside Mrs. Wallace's classroom. The collection is in preparation for our National Junior Honor Society (NJHS) January Book Swap, when students can bring a book and take a book. Thank you for your support!
Questions? Please email Mrs. Wallace and check out her Collegium Employee Spotlight video to match her face to her name.
Collegium Center Stage Theatre Interest Meeting
On Monday, October 24th, there will be a student/parent interest meeting for Collegium Center Stage Theatre's (CCST) spring production of The Music Man.
The meeting will take place in the 515 Auditorium at 6:00pm. The CCST Artistic Team will present information about the production (including auditions) and distribute important paperwork to interested students and their families.
Any student in grades 7-12 interested in participating in the musical in any capacity is encouraged to attend. Questions? Please email Ms. Stell.
CCST Pre-Audition Workshops
CCST is pleased to announce that it will hold an exciting day of workshops on Saturday, October 29th to prepare actors for the upcoming auditions for The Music Man. Wear comfortable clothes, bring your dancing shoes, lots of water, a lunch, and come ready to have a ton of fun. Workshops will start promptly at 9:00am and end at 2:00pm.
Participants will rotate through a series of dance, acting, and vocal workshops presented by seasoned performers and directors. Participation in the workshops is not a requirement for auditions, but CCST hopes all student performers will take advantage of this learning opportunity.
Please RSVP through the link below. For additional information, please email Ms. Whisler.
Grades K-6th Character Development Program: Fairness, Responsibility, Respect, Citizenship, Trustworthiness, and Caring.
Here at Collegium, students are recognized by staff for their good character and their names and photos are added to the Good Character Walls. We have new additions to our Good Character Walls:
- Arden Robinson
- Dayana Aquilar-Martinez
- Arianna Chavez
- Quinn Staszowski
- Ruben Dickerson
- Gianna Jackson
- Curtis Kallon
- Sergio Romero-Urbina
- Mr. Garsils' Class
- Brady Van Note
- Eshani Nallu
- Peyton Sarmento
Family Bowling Fun
Saturday, October 29th, gather your friends and loved ones, pick a session, and join us for an afternoon of bowling fun for the whole family!
- Session 1: 3:20pm-5:20pm
- Session 2: 5:40pm-7:40pm (Featuring a DJ)
Tickets are $12.00 per person for each session (a $22.00 value) and include two-hour unlimited bowling and shoe rental. Food and beverages can be purchased at an additional cost. We hope to see you all there!
Reminder: Apple Crunch Day
On Monday, October 24th, students in grades K-3 will participate in Apple Crunch Day. Apple Crunch Day is organized by Penn State's Wellness Center to encourage youth and their families to eat healthy snacks.
We encourage all K-3 students to bring apples for their snacks or lunches on this day. Our Food Service Department will also serve apples with lunch. The students look forward to completing apple activities and learning more about healthy eating.
Fall Book Fair Volunteers
Parent/guardian volunteers are needed during the upcoming Fall Book Fair, running October 31st through November 11th in our 500 Library.
Volunteers help students select books, create wish lists, and make purchases as needed. The Fall Book Fair is a fun way to earn your volunteer hours! Feel free to sign up for an hour, a morning, or an entire day! Remember, in order to volunteer, your clearances must be on file.
To offer your time, please sign up using the link provided . Please select a day and under "Preferred Time," indicate the times you can help! If you have questions, please email Ms. Hollinshead.