Numerous Email Client supported MBOX File Format.
MBOX is the popular file format which is used by desktop email clients which stores emails, events, calendar and other information. The mbox file contains all the messages of a single mailbox. This portrays its wide range of use in Technology Field. Mbox file format can be read by various email clients as Thunderbird, Opera Mail, Netscape, Apple Mail, and many more.
Outlook PST file Format
Microsoft Outlook usually stores all the data in PST files while working online. The Personal Storage Table (.pst) is an file format used to store copies of messages, calendar events, and other items within Microsoft software such as Windows Messaging, Microsoft Exchange Client, and Microsoft Outlook.
Reasons behind export from Thunderbird to Outlook
In some circumstances, users need to convert Thunderbird email to PST file format and may be just because of switching organization that made them operate MBOX to PST file conversion in a safe process.
- Switching Organization: If any user had to switch company that uses Thunderbird and the new company runs Outlook platform. At that situation, to use those Thunderbird files, the user needs to convert MBOX to PST file format.
- Problem Surfaced: If any company changes email-client application for the productivity of the organization i.e. from Thunderbird to Outlook.
- Mobile format: Since MBOX file format is used by many email clients such as Apple Mail, The Bat, Windows Live Mail etc. If any user wants to open any client mails in Outlook they need to convert MBOX to PST format.
- Highly-Expensive: Since the cost of Lotus Maintenance can't be affordable by small organizations due to which they convert Thunderbird to Outlook file format.
- Complex Process: Thunderbird application is highly complicated and to run it, use should have technical knowledge.
Procedural ways to Export MBOX files to PST format.
Manual MBOX to PST Conversion
- Launch Thunderbird and select the file you want to export to Outlook PST files.
- Select mails individually or select all by pressing “Ctrl + a”.
- Right click on to the selected Mails & click “Save As” from drop down option.
- Choose the destination folder to save the saved as file.
- Now, Open Outlook.
- click File menu, select Account Setting and switch to the Data Files.
- Add and Select Outlook PST data files from given option.
- Choose destination folder and give it a name.
- Go to Window explorer and choose, which we exported in step 4.
- Select all mails, drag and drop either on newly created data file.
Use MBOX to PST Converter for easy conversion.
One drawback of manual method is that it become a very lengthy process when there is very huge amount of mail. So for you convenient, I suggest use the efficient MBOX Converter to avoid the lengthy manual process. It supports the recovery of MBOX file and saves it into a new file. You can also download its free version for checking its features. Have the capability to export Multiple MBOX files to Outlook PST format at one time that makes the process for easier. Also has the options to save MBOX files to other formats such as PST, EML, MSG, RTF, HTML & MSG format.