Native American Spiritual and Culture
- There was over 1,000 tribes in America when Europeans first came to America. All tribes were different
- Native Americans had different beliefs depending on where they live. For example, Native Americans that lived in the Great Plains thought there spirit was the sun and the sky.
- Most Native Americans do not believe in a god, instead they believe that earth and nature are there spirits.
- Some also believe that earth is there permanent home.
- The reason why Native Americans treated earth and nature so kindly was because they thought earth was their sacred mother, they wanted to treat her with respect and care for her.