Assembly Bill 2296:
- Assembly Bill 2296 was introduced by Assembly Member Low and sponsored by Secretary of State Padilla. The bill updates the law to ensure state agencies and local governments can use both digital and simple electronic signature solutions.
- AB 2296 was signed and chaptered on August 19, 2016.
- As of January 1, 2017, state agencies and local governments can use digital AND electronic signatures.
- However, state agencies and local governments do not need to wait until 2017 to purchase an electronic signature solution. Agencies can purchase Adobe Sign from the California Software Licensing Program Contract (SLP) now and begin implementation so they can be ready on January 1.
- Current paper-based processes for getting documents approved takes to much time, and can become a very cumbersome process
- No way to understand or track where documents are in the workflow today
- Too much time spent on missing items (attachments), rejections, causing a ton of back and forth between admin and other employees
- Find a way to automate digital forms and capture electronic signatures
- Increase the time to production and the speed to get forms filled out and approved
- Understand where documents are in the process and being able to collect audit trail for the history of those documents
- Improve records managements
- Capture and auto-populate form field data
- Build out workflows using Active Directory
- Have more insight into document processes
SOLUTION : Advance Workflows with Adobe Sign
- Fast form design and deployment
- Superior workflow design & control
- Easiest signing experience, anywhere
- Top-rated turnkey integrations, plus complete APIs
- Flexible signer authentication options, supporting the highest levels of legal compliance
- Powerful administrative & reporting controls
- World-class security, privacy, & compliance
- Proven availability & uptime performance