Mark Your Calendar!
Monday, Oct. 10th
- School Closed: Fall Break
- MS Volleyball vs. Calvary Baptist 3:45 pm @ 535 Gymnasium
- Volleyball vs. Calvary Baptist 5:00 pm @ 535 Gymnasium
Tuesday, Oct. 11th - Day 2
- 2nd Grade Field Trip: Dutch Apple Theater - James and the Giant Peach (Mrs. Guarente, McNeil, Lewis, Mrs. Stevenson, and Grant)
- Grades 9-12: Spirit Week Blue and White Day* Sponsored by Student Council
- MS Soccer vs. West-Mont Christian 3:45 pm @ United Sports
- Varsity Soccer vs. Community Academy of Phila 3:45 pm @ United Sports
- Volleyball vs. Woodlynde 3:45 pm @ Woodlynde School
Wednesday, Oct. 12th - Day 3
- 468 Kdg. Field Trip: Cherry Crest Farms
- Grades 9-12: Spirit Week Pajama Day* (No Slippers) Sponsored by Student Council
- MS Volleyball vs. Chester Charter for the Arts 3:45 pm @ Chester Charter for the Arts
Thursday, Oct. 13th - Day 4
- Grades 9-12: Spirit Week Wacky Tacky Day* Sponsored by Student Council
- MS/HS Cross Country Bake Sale @ 515 Building During Lunches
- MS Cross Country vs. Montgomery 3:30 pm @ Montgomery School
- MS Volleyball vs. Renaissance Academy 3:45 pm @ 535 Gymnasium
- Varsity Soccer vs. Woodlynde 3:45 pm @ Woodlynde School
- Volleyball vs. Renaissance Academy 5:00 pm @ 535 Gymnasium
- Board of Trustees Public Work Session 6:00 pm @ 435 Conference Room
Friday, Oct. 14th - Day 5
- 5th Grade Field Trip: Dutch Apple Theater - James and the Giant Peach
- Flu Clinic Day
- Grades 9-12: Spirit Week Dynamic Duo Day* Sponsored by Student Council
- Grades K-6: Character Counts Dress Down Day for the Character Trait of Trustworthiness - Blue Shirt w/Uniform Bottoms
- MS/HS Music Yankee Candle Fundraiser Ends
- Tri-M Annual Military Stocking Collection Ends @ All Buildings - Collection Boxes in Lobbies
- Volleyball vs. Kennett HS 3:30 pm @ Kennett HS
- Varsity Cross Country vs. Church Farm School 4:00 pm @ Church Farm School
- 6th Grade Rec Night 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm @ 500 Gymnasium
*All apparel must be school-appropriate and meet the standards of dress outlined in our Student Code of Conduct.
Saturday, Oct. 15th
- Varsity Soccer vs. Church Farm School 2:00 pm @ Church Farm School
- High School Homecoming Dance - Arabian Nights Theme - Sponsored by Student Council 7:00 pm @ 535 Gymnasium
High School Mock Crash & Assembly
It's 8:35am and our high school students walking from the 535 Building to the 515 Building Parking Lot move together in small groups. They're laughing, making jokes, looking at their phones, and slowly removing headphones as they make their way to the Mock Crash Event viewing area.
A few are still smiling, but the mood shifts as the students see red tarps covering demolished vehicles. Once the students settle, the tarps are pulled back - revealing a scene no teenager or parent ever hopes to experience. This is the realistic power of the Cruisin’ Smart program, developed and sponsored by Bryn Mawr Rehab Hospital.
Cruisin’ Smart is an award-winning program offering tailored education sessions for students from elementary school through college. These sessions, presented to over 30,000 people each year, take a peer-to-peer approach to educating students on the dangers of impaired and distracted driving.
The program includes first-hand accounts from survivors of motor vehicle accidents that happened because someone was driving recklessly, driving while distracted, or driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Fall Book Fair Volunteers
Parent/guardian volunteers are needed during the upcoming Fall Book Fair, running October 31st through November 11th in our 500 Library.
Volunteers help students select books, create wish lists, and make purchases as needed. The Fall Book Fair is a fun way to earn your volunteer hours! Feel free to sign up for an hour, a morning, or an entire day! Remember, in order to volunteer, your clearances must be on file.
To offer your time, please sign up using the link provided . Please select a day and under "Preferred Time," indicate the times you can help! If you have questions, please email Ms. Hollinshead.
515 Building PRIDE Team Fundraiser
Come out to Boscov's at the Exton Mall on Tuesday, October 18th from 6:00-10:00pm to support the 515 Building PRIDE Team!
The 515 Building PRIDE Team promotes school-wide positive behavior, and is raising money to purchase incentive rewards for students showing consistently positive behavior. We will sell Boscov's coupons for $5.00 each, and those coupons can be used October 18th for up to 25% off any purchase of $25.00 or more.
Questions? Please email 515 Building Assistant Principal, Mr. Harkins.
Grades K-6th Grade Character Development Program: Fairness, Responsibility, Respect, Citizenship, Trustworthiness, and Caring.
Here at Collegium, students are recognized by staff for their good character and their names and photos are added to the Good Character Walls. We have new additions to our Good Character Walls:
- Ethan Wasman
- Maxwell "Max" Rapisarda
- Yusuf Rovi
- Andrew Soler
- Rebecca Santoso
- Evan Serrano
- Ms. D'Ambra's Class
- Angel Valentine
- Olivia Naranjo
- Reese Quigley
- Ashton Bartholomew
- Juliana Westmoreland
- Madison Plummer
- Maddy Handley
- Macklan Mullikin
- Advik Kashyap
- Anthony Lu
- Paige Cannon
- Kasi Smith
- Breella Batdorf
- Lilah Phillips
- Liam McGowan
- Mrs. Smith's Class
- Ms. Grant's Class
- Terry Wiggins
- Aasiyah Brown
- Hailey Feltcher
- Mary Jane Trejo-Silva
- Liam Barkley
- Aarav Bhayani
- Adrian Gardner
- Jeffrey Seal
- Sophia Rizzo
- Luke Bonnes
- Antonio Steele
- Peyton Sarmento
CCST Presents: 12 Angry Jurors
On October 20th, 21st, and 22nd, Collegium Center Stage Theatre (CCST) will perform 12 Angry Jurors, based on the critically acclaimed teleplay 12 Angry Men by Reginald Rose.
Performances are at 7:00 PM in the 515 Auditorium. Come join us for this exciting and powerful production about the importance of standing up for what you believe is right. Content is appropriate for students in grades 6-12.
Additional details will be provided soon!
Final Week - Operation Military Stocking Drive
This week, our Music Honor Society - Tri-M - is holding their annual Operation Military Stocking Drive. Donation boxes will be located in the Main Offices of each CCS building through Friday, October 14th.
Donated items will benefit soldiers overseas and veterans in Chester County at the Coatesville Veterans Hospital. Requested donations include:
- Handwritten "Thank You" cards (no holiday cards, please)
- Small games, puzzles, and playing cards
- Socks and travel-size personal care items
- Small paperback books (no romance novels, please)
- Snacks and candy bars
- Individual powdered drink mixes
Other small items that can fit inside a stocking are appreciated, but please note - glass and aerosol items are not accepted. If you have questions or need additional information, please email Mrs. Tozer. Thank you for helping Tri-M support our troops!
Parent University - Sponsored by the HSA
The first Parent University night, sponsored by the HSA, will be held October 18th from 6:00pm-8:00pm in our 500 Building.
Watch the video below to see HSA Co-Presidents, Alysia Fulford and Jaime Tomb, share more about why the HSA is sponsoring and hosting this upcoming evening event.
Parent University is for parents/guardians of students in grades K-5. This is an informative evening for adults - students are not permitted to attend. CCS Curriculum Coordinators, Instructional Coaches, and Classroom Teachers will offer the following information sessions:
- Reader’s Workshop Grades K- 2: From Conversations to Comprehension
- Reader’s Workshop Grades 3-5: From Conversations to Comprehension
- Eureka Math: What is it?
- Eureka Math Grades K-2: Number Bonds K-2
- Eureka Math Grades 3-5: Using Tape Diagrams
- *NEW* What is Waggle?
Ready to attend? Please RSVP using the link below!