The Woman Behind LRP
Hey gorgeous! I’m Sharla! I’m a San Diego based boudoir photographer, single mom of two adorable sassholes, and lover of burritos and coffee. My mission is to help women gain back their confidence, put pieces of themselves back together, break the lies they tell themselves, and help them get their sexy back. Boudoir isn’t just for someone’s significant other. It is something that can help single women and women in a relationship alike.
Boudoir is healing. It’s raw. It’s intimate. And it’s empowering. In the hour I spend with a client, I see all levels of emotion. I see the moment of absolute uncertainty. Of terror. Of shock. Of awe. Of wonder. Of happiness. And finally, of realization. The realization that she is doing this, she is overcoming her fears, and she is everything she never thought she could be. She is real, she is perfectly imperfect, and that is everything to her. That moment of empowerment truly transforms the broken, the hurting, the struggling. She becomes a completely different woman. It gives her a voice. She is whole.
If you're still with me, I wanna give you a big high five (and a big hug!). Keep on reading to learn about Lanora Ronée Photography, your boudoir session, and how to prepare for it.
There are so many misconceptions about what boudoir is; however, I want to go ahead and clear some of those up right now. Boudoir isn't just about taking pictures, it's about celebrating YOU. Every single person has a different idea about sensuality and beauty. Boudoir can include being fully or partially clothed, implied nudity, and full nudity. It's my job to get to know you, your comfort level, and your vision.
You don't have to have a super model body, because let's face it: most of us don't. We're moms, we're working, we're busy making sure that our worlds go 'round. That doesn't mean you can't do boudoir. As your photographer, it is my job to empower and capture you in your rawest moments. It's my job to make you comfortable, happy, and most importantly - to feel beautiful. It's my promise to you that energy will shine though these photographs as the gorgeous, confident, sexy woman you've always been. Are you ready for that empowerment yet?
So How Does This Work?
If you're finally convinced that you want me to be your boudoir photographer (which, trust me, you want to) - you can expect a down-to-earth, sarcastic, klutzy, silly atmosphere that will make you feel right at home. I wholeheartedly believe in creating that high-quality experience that you'll continue to talk about for years, and expect that every single client will walk away knowing who they are and feeling fully empowered.
The first step is for us to talk a bit either on the phone, email, or FB, during which I'll spend time answering your questions. Part of my job is to put your fears to rest and make you feel completely at ease. I'm an open book, so please, ask anything!
Once you're ready to book, up comes the booking proposal. Some choose their image collection at this point, and others choose to wait until their reveal session. The best part about choosing is our in-house payment plans - the perfect way to split your investment up in a convenient manner. But, there's no right way to do this. Regardless, your booking proposal will break down all costs, and your contract will tell you all you need to know about the ins and outs of LRP's processes. I know, it's full of legal jargon - but I promise, this is to protect both you and LRP before, during, and after your session.
After you've checked all boxes on the contract, signed, and paid the non-refundable retainer, the next step is for us to plan your session! Scroll on down so that you can read about what to expect during your session and how to prepare. You'll also get the chance to see a couple client testimonials about working with LRP.
“I walked in completely nervous, had never done a photo shoot before. INSTANTLY Sharla struck up conversation, offered me a drink and showed me around the studio. She was so comfortable to be around and so bubbly that I instantly was at ease.
As soon as we started into the studio she showed me the poses and made sure I was comfortable with everything. She was amazingly professional and knew exactly what to do and what not to do, with the lighthearted comedy to catch the real ME in the photos, AS WELL as constantly complimenting me so I continued to be comfortable. She knew what I wanted without me having to say it and as soon as I saw my first picture my jaw dropped. She completely outdid herself and exceeded every single expectation and vision I had in my head with flying colors.”
Now What? It's Time to Get Ready
1 Month Out
Schedule hair, nail, and/or esthetician appointments. If you’re wanting to bring your own lingerie, start browsing Pinterest to get boudieinspo! Feel free to reach out to me so we can discuss what will work best for your body type as well.
3-5 Days Out
If you regularly get waxed, it's time to go now to ensure all redness and irritation has subsided. Avoid spray-tans, and stay out of the sun! If you’re picking up your own lingerie, try it on to see how it fits. You also want to practice arching and stretching in front of the mirror. Get comfortable!
Drink at least 8 glasses of water, avoid salty foods, and work out if you’re in a routine! Get your mani and pedi, and moisturize your skin before bed. Most importantly, get a full night’s sleep!
I believe that while I do provide a client closet, my clients should also bring one or two pieces that they love. Pick classic pieces that speak to who you are as a woman. If you're a vintage-inspired lady, go lace. Are you pretty casual? Wear a slouchy sweater. There's not one way to do boudoir photography. Also, bring shoes! For some wonderful reason, heels and lingerie go together very well and add that extra pop element to any photo. Strappy, dotted, patent, stiletto, or flats. It all works.
If you love jewelry, a strand of pearls or modern chunky necklaces are things to consider. Other accessories include hats, scarves, props, ties, jackets or uniforms. I've seen it all, and it all works!
Those Dang Nerves
I know you're nervous. Every single client is - and some don't even sleep the night before their session. I promise that you don't need to worry. When you arrive for your session, you'll get started on hair and makeup. We’ll provide you with a mimosa, throw on some fun music and get to work on your makeup! I will also be chatting with you during this time about your wardrobe and accessories that you may have brought. If you're using our client closet, this will be the time I show you the outfits and you make your final selections.
Try your best to get a good night’s sleep the evening before our session and to drink plenty of water to hydrate your skin and body.
It's Go Time
The Session: Once the day of your session arrives, we meet at the location. You'll get the opportunity to meet my MUA (if included in your experience), and you'll settle in to get your makeup and hair done. I communicate with my MUA regularly, so she will be prepared and know exactly what you want for your makeup - and trust me, she delivers.
Within 24 hours, you will receive a fully-edited sneak peek image. This is so you know exactly what to expect before receiving the remainder. We will also schedule your reveal session, which is conducted via Skype 7 days after your session.
The Reveal: We'll watch a custom-made slideshow of your soft-proofed gallery. These images will be the best of your session that have been lightly edited. Please remember, these are not the final images you will receive. This lets us pick the images you love, note things you want adjusted and/or removed, and I will then finish editing. If we haven't yet decided on your image collection, now it's time to decide. If the collection you've chosen includes free keepsakes, this is when we start to design them!
Within 14 business days of paying off your image collection, I will then prepare your products (if applicable) and load your chosen images into your gallery. If you are receiving free keepsakes, they will first be shipped to me, where I will closely check them to make sure they are absolutely perfect. This can take between 4-10 business days. Once I've checked them, it's time for you to get them! If you're local to SD, we will schedule a pick-up time; if you're from out of area, I will mail them via priority mail and provide you with a tracking number.
"I can't believe that's actually me! It looks nothing like how I see myself!!! That's incredible. I just showed my husband a sneak peek and he said, "That's how I always see you." You literally captured the best parts of me and the part that my husband sees all the time. That's exactly what I asked for and boy, did you deliver!!! This is so incredibly empowering!!!"
Each session comes with an over-the phone or in-person consultation, access to our client closet, a photography session, professional image retouching, and a fully customized viewing session. We have two different types of session fees to choose from, which fit any preference in terms of your experience. Our clients typically invest between $1200 and $3500 with us; however, we have a broad range of image collections that fit every client's need!
The Luxury Experience
- Professional hair and makeup with lash application
- 1.5-2.5 hour photo session
- Outfit consultation + client closet
- $150 print credit on collection purchase
The Boudie Experience
- 45-min to 1 hour photo session
- Outfit consultation + client closet
Session Fee: Due at the time of booking, your session fee serves as a non-refundable retainer and covers your consultation, session, and reveal session. *No images are included within this fee.
** Fine print: Additional fees may be incurred in the event you need to reschedule. The session fee can be split into two payments, a $250 non-refundable retainer due upon booking to reserve session date with final non-refundable retainer balance due 14 days prior to session. Session availability is first-come, first-serve based on the return of both the signed contract and retainer fee. All sales subject to San Diego sales tax rate of 7.75%. All sessions require a minimum order of $750. This requirement may be met with physical products, digital images, or a combination of both. Prices are non-negotiable and are subject to change without notice. Current pricing will be honored at the time of booking, provided a signed contract and retainer have been returned.
Now that you’ve had your session, it’s time to order your digitals! An exciting feature of LRP is you can receive free luxury keepsakes, depending on your collection purchase! All images you buy are high resolution, perfect to reprint at a later date. LRP has put together four different image collections to make the decision easier for you. These collections also offer you a large savings on the per-image price. If you aren't interested in digitals, you're welcome to put together your own personalized keepsake collection by shopping from our à la carte menu!
All of our heirloom keepsakes are prepared and printed at one of two fine arts labs and the quality is second to none. We also fully customize every single keepsake, so no two albums or Little Black Books will ever look the same!
- Password-protected, digital gallery with print release of all images from session (80-120)
- FREE 12x12 Luxury Album with Acrylic Cover & Album Box with up to 40 images
- FREE 8x10 Crystal Heirloom Box with up to 100 silk prints
- FREE 24x36 Vivid Metal Print
- FREE mobile application with all images from session
- Password-protected, digital gallery with print release of your 30 favorite images
- FREE 8x8 Luxury Album with 20 images
- FREE Crystal heirloom photo box with (10) 8x10 photographic prints
- FREE mobile application with your 30 favorite images
*Acrylic cover available as an album add-on for $250
FRIENDS WITH BENEFITS
- Password-protected, digital gallery with print release of your 20 favorite images
- FREE 5x5 Signature Leather Album with 10 images
- FREE mobile application with your 20 favorite images
JUST THE BASICS
- Password-protected, digital gallery with print release of your 7 favorite images
- Black and White matching images available as an add-on for $150
*Luxury Experience discount does not apply to this collection
SINGLE DIGITAL IMAGE
Additional high resolution images at $100 per photo.
In-house Payment Plans
One of the scariest parts about investing in a photo session is the cost associated with it. Because of this, LRP is excited to offer convenient, no-interest payment plans that can be utilized for both keepsake and image collection purchases. The best part about a payment plan is, while you can choose to enter into one post-session, LRP also offers the option of pre-payment plans as well! When participating in a prepayment plan, if it is paid off prior to your scheduled session date, you will receive 10% off of the total cost.
HOW DO YOUR PAYMENT PLANS WORK?
- A payment plan can be entered into once your contract is signed and your session fee has been paid in full.
- In order to qualify for a payment plan, your order total must be a minimum of $750.
- Your initial down payment is 25% of the total order cost, including taxes and fees. Remaining payments can be split based on the following order total schedule:
- $750-$1000: 4 additional payments.
- $1000-$2000: 6 additional payments.
- $2000+: 8 additional payments.
- Two forms of payment must be provided, including a primary and backup payment option. The primary will be set to auto-pay on your scheduled payment date, the 15th of every month.
- Upon completion of your payment plan, provided you have already completed your session, you will receive either your keepsakes or your digital gallery depending on the collection you have chosen. Please note, no keepsake orders will be placed until your order is paid in full.
- LRP is excited to accept PayPal Credit for all keepsake and image purchases, as well as debit and credit cards. To see if you qualify, please apply for PayPal Credit here. If you choose to take advantage of PayPal credit, you will receive your order immediately and be able to complete your payments with PayPal directly. Please indicate you will be utilizing PayPal credit when choosing your final order option.
WHAT'S THE FINE PRINT?
- A separate payment plan contract must be signed prior to making the initial down payment, and you must indicate agreement that all payments made during a payment plan are non-refundable and on auto-pay.
- When an auto-pay transaction fails, you will incur a $50/day late fee in addition to the current late payment.
- If 14 days have passed without communication pertaining to a late or incomplete payment, your order will be voided with no option for refund.
- You will have up to the total number of payments as per the listed schedule in order to complete your total purchase amount. If your purchase is not fully paid by the final payment schedule date, you are at risk of waiving all payments and voiding LRP's responsibility of delivering images and ordering products.
- An existing payment plan order may not be decreased once a payment plan has been entered into. You may only choose to add to your order, and must do so before the end of the first 90 days of your payment cycle to receive all products at once.
- No keepsake products will be ordered and no digital files will be released until your full payment schedule has been resolved.
À La Carte Menu
Not everyone is interested in purchasing a collection, and that's completely fine! I've put together a handy à la carte menu for you to browse through. Feel free to put together your own collection with the exact keepsakes you want for your home. As always, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to let me know!