1) THERE WILL BE PROMPTS
Play, explore and create.
Everyday I will send out a prompt. These prompts can range from questions to statements, maybe quotes or even just a single word - you can interpret the prompt in any way you see fit. Some of the prompts may seem negative, but you can spin them into a positive (or vice/versa). The prompts are yours: play, explore and create. There is no obligation to finish the prompts on the day they’re posted, or even in the order they’re posted. No pressure. No stress! Just raw, unadulterated creativity.
2) HAVE FUN AND CREATE FREELY
This journal is not a product, it is a process.
How you respond to the prompt is completely up to you. Draw a picture, write a story, write a poem, draw a poem(?)...take photographs, alter images, write music, find artifacts around your house that can be cut out and pasted into your journal. If you don’t like what you have, paste a new piece of paper over the top of it and start again. The best way to do this journal is to just do it. Don’t be afraid to make mistakes. This journal is not a product, it is a process. As long as you are having fun, you are doing it right!
3) SHARE, INTERACT, REPEAT
We can start rebuilding our creative community!
Follow @quarantinejournalproject on Instagram. When you finish a prompt (maybe the day of, maybe not 🤷🏼♀️), post it and tag @quarantinejournalproject, or send it in a DM. I will post it to share with the community (and can either tag you, or not, it’s your call!). The goal is to get a couple of posts each day, so we can start rebuilding some sense of our creative community! Being stuck inside sucks! But we don't have to do it alone!
Be sure to engage with the page, even if you don’t post yourself. Like and comment on other people’s submissions! Your submission, or your kind words may be exactly what somebody else needs to feel motivated to create/share their own work, or to continue to create/share their work. This is the creative community part.
- PROMPT 0: Create your "This Book Belongs to..." Page
- PROMPT 1: "Shelter in Place"
- PROMPT 2: "If you were quarantined on a deserted island, what three things (clap, clap) would you bring?"
- PROMPT 3: "Weekend Plans"
- PROMPT 4: "FOOD!"
- PROMPT 5: "What is the music that motivates you, and what does it motivate you to do?"
- PROMPT 6: "Where is your dream travel destination?"
- PROMPT 7: "Dear Friend, Today I miss you because..."
- PROMPT 8: "Bored Games -or- Board Games"
- PROMPT 9: "Imaginary Friends"
- PROMPT 10: "Daily Practice"
- PROMPT 11: "SUPERHEROES! Who's yours and why?!"
- PROMPT 12: "My Lil Jar of Sunshine"
- PROMPT 13: "APRIL FOOLS!"
- PROMPT 14: "I DID THAT!"
- PROMPT 15: "House Party!"
- PROMPT 16: "Reimagined Masterpiece"
- PROMPT 17: "A world without color is inconceivable"
- PROMPT 18: "Who or what are you grateful for during this Quarantine?"
- PROMPT 19: "Quarantine Fashion Show!"
- PROMPT 20: "If you could invite anyone to Quarantine dinner tonight, who would it be and why?"
- PROMPT 21: "Check-in. How are you right now?"
- PROMPT 22: "If you could go back in time and give yourself advice at the start of the quarantine, what would it be?"
PROMPTS FOR THE WEEK OF 4.19.2020: "Follow the Leader" "What is your community doing to support people during the Quarantine?" "What does Distance Learning Look/Smell/Taste/Feel/Sound like to you?"
QUESTIONS I KNOW YOU'RE GONNA ASK:
Q: DO YOU HAVE TO BE IN NUEVA OR AME TO CONTRIBUTE TO THE INSTAGRAM OR THE PROJECT OVERALL?
A: NO! Please share this @QuarantineJournalProject with anyone you know who is looking for a creative and supportive community right now!
IS THIS HOMEWORK?
Nah, dog. It's not homework. Just an effort for us to stay connected through creativity and art!
YO, RICHARDS, CAN I CUSS, OR WHAT?
Express yourself however it is appropriate for you. If you cuss, I'll just censor the parts of the post deemed PG13 or above, so that we remain a family friendly outlet. Also, remember that I am a mandated reporter, and this stuff is going on the internet... so some self censorship may be keen.