As the leaves turn bright colors and the air gets cold, nothing puts you in the fall spirit more than pumpkins. Pumpkin bars are a quick and easy dessert to make. It is a light, fluffy cake-like bar with the perfect complimentary cream cheese icing.
All of the ingredients required are shown above (recipe courtesy of Taste of Home
- Four large eggs
- One and two thirds cups sugar
- One cup canola oil
- One can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- Two cups all-purpose flour
- Two teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Two teaspoons baking powder
- One teaspoon baking soda
- One teaspoon salt
- Six ounces cream cheese, softened
- Two cups confectioners' sugar
- One fourth cup butter, softened
- One teaspoon vanilla extract
- One to two tablespoons milk
Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Put four large eggs and the sugar into a large mixing bowl.
Add canola oil and pumpkin puree. Mix the ingredients together until it is fully blended.
Mix together the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a small bowl.
Slowly add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture. To help mix in slowly, I added about one third cup of the mixture at a time.
Pour the mixture into an ungreased 15" by 10" baking pan. Bake at 350ºF for approximately 25 - 30 minutes. After it is done baking, let it cool down completely before indulging. Although this may be tempting, the wait will be worth it.
While your pumpkin bars are cooling, it is a good time to prepare the icing.