Lightning McQueen (ex-Minimum Headroom) is being offered to the next competitive crew of J/24 racers. Truthfully, if you bring your competent crew and good sails, you WILL compete at the top of your fleet.
Price reflects this not being a "Project Boat" - no need for major rework to put you at the top of the class.
Dad has "ticked all his sailing boxes" and wants to spend more time & money on the kids' ventures.
Optimized boat with high-end pedigree, proven by:
- Top Canadian Boat at c.1995 J/24 Canadian Nationals
- Winner of 2010 J/24 Canadian Nationals
- Winner of 2015 Chester Race Week J/24 OD fleet
- Lots and lots of local regatta and club race wins
Deck and hull are stiff... NO SOFT SPOTS ANYWHERE.
Features & Equipment:
- Carbon Spinnaker Pole with Tapered Aluminum Spare Spinnaker Pole
- Perfect alignment and symmetry of foils, rig and tracks about centreline
- Fair hull with foils faired to minimum width
- Keel within 9mm of max forward
- Dry Sailed forever, wet sanded to 1500 since 2009
- Optimized deck with minimum butt-biters
- Aluminum Traveller bar with large footrest
- Winch risers replaced with Delrin
- Lopez Blocks and windward sheeting genny cleats
- 4 mains, 5 Gennies, 3 kites varying in age from regatta to delivery quality, plus 1 old jib
- 3.3HP 2-stroke Mariner outboard with low hours
- Minimum weight aluminum motor bracket
- Dual axle trailer with jin pole, safety done in 2016
- All IJCA & Transport Canada Safety Equipment
Located in Halifax, NS. Willing to deliver to any Canadian location between Sydney, NS and Windsor, ON, including:
- Across from Calais, ME? Check.
- Across from Houlton, ME? Check
- Across from Newport, VT? Check
- Across from Champlain, NY? Check
- Across from Ogdensburg, NY? Check
- Across from Buffalo, NY? Check
- Across from Detroit, MI? Check