The most famous skyscraper in New York (but not the highest) is the Empire State Building. From the top, the view on New York is fantastic !
New York city has 5 boroughs: they are all very different !
- It is one of the most important places to visit in New York.
- Why ? Because between 1892 and 1954, Ellis Island was the immigration centre where all European immigrants went, before going to the USA.
- More than 12 million people arrived from Europe to the USA by this island.
- In Europe, there were wars, poverty, no jobs. European people wanted to go to the USA to have a better life than in Europe. In the USA, it was possible to become rich !
- The Statue of liberty is on Liberty Island, in New York bay. The monument is very popular with tourists !
- The Statue of Liberty was a symbol for European immigrants who came from Europe in the XIX century.
- Everybody knows the story: France offered the Statue of Liberty to to the USA (in 1886) to thank the USA.