Class attendance this week:
Dates for the Diary
Another element of language development we are promoting this academic year is the correct use of grammar within speech so that this will hopefully transfer positively into the children’s writing and prepare them well for later life and the next stages in their education. Some examples are :
- I was, we were
- Something - rather than ….. somet
- Anything - rather than ……. ewt
- ‘to the shop’ rather than ……… t’shop
Watch out for the Avondale grammar checkers. Could you have a competition at home as to who is the most grammatically accurate in the house?
If your child missed having a flu vaccination and you would like them to be immunised there are some pop up clinics available. Appointments must be made, so please contact the immunisation team on 0333 3583397 (option 6) to book a slot. The three nearest clinics are:
- Monday 27 January (3.00-5.00 pm) The Park, Norfolk Grove, Church, Accrington, BB5 4RY
- Tuesday 4 February (3.00-5.00 pm) Great Harwood Centre, Rushton Street, Blackburn, BB6 7JQ
- Friday 7 February (3.00-5.00 pm) Audley & Queens Park Children’s Centre, Neighbourhood Centre, Pringle Street, Blackburn, BB1 1SF
Do you have an interest in books and reading? Do you have two afternoons to spare during the week? We are looking for an individual to help us with our school library. We would be looking for you to assist children in checking books in and out using a simple electronic system. If you are interested, please contact the school for more information.
A tough result for the boys to take this week despite them playing brilliantly to reach the semi-finals of the EFL Kids Cup Final. The boys should be incredibly proud of their efforts, determination and resilience – they have certainly made Avondale proud, as always!
The year 5/6 girls played in the Central Venue Football League at the BRIC last night. They played St. Michael's and St. John's beating them 5 - 0. Well done girls for your great playing and attitude towards the tournament.