Accepting Submissions Now
About the Project
The 5 Shorts Project assists aspiring filmmakers with creating a short film. Each participant learns the filmmaking process from development to distribution. We’ve assisted local actors, directors, and crew with little to no experience with gaining industry credit via IMDb. When completed, each season of 5 Shorts ends with a screening and is aired on Comcast and Verizon via PhillyCam. Many of the films created via this project have gone on to screen at film festivals.
How to Submit
- You will need to send a link to a 2 - 5 page script or short synopsis of the film you want to make.
- Your script does not have to be finished.
- For short documentaries, send a link to a short synopsis (1 - 2 paragraphs) about your documentary idea.
- Pay the $20 registration fee.
Submission Deadline is 7/31/19
$25 per week for 6 months.
For Teams (2-3 people)
$50 per week for 6 months
Status Notifications will be sent by 8/11/19
What You Can Expect
You will spend 6 months learning how to produce a short film. We will assist you with:
- Finding Crew
- Location Scouting
- Red Carpet Premiere
- Television Distribution via Comcast & Verizon
- Eligibility for IMDb Credit