Depart: Tues, May 2, 2017 from Chicago O'Hare (ORD) at 6:00 AM / Arrive in Atlanta (ATL) at 8:50 AM
Make 1 stop in Atlanta: Depart at 10:05 AM / Arrive in Liberia, Costa Rica (LIR) at 12:03 PM (Total travel time: 5 hrs 51 min)
Depart: Thu, May 9, 2017 Liberia (LIR) at 1:10 PM / Arrive in ATL at 7:05 PM
Make 1 stop in Atlanta: Depart ATL at 9:10 PM / Arrive at ORD at 10:09 PM (Total travel time: 6 hrs)
Transportation between the airport and the resort is included in the quotes. Liberia airport is a short 20 minute drive from Secrets Papagayo
About Costa Rica
The Gulf of Papagayo is located in the Guanacaste province and northwestern coast of Costa Rica. It provides a lush atmosphere with mountains, tropical forests and diverse flora and fauna while still in close proximity to nearby excursions, shopping, dining and more. Local Points of Interest:
- Peninsula Papagayo Golf Course – Designed by Arnold Palmer, this 18-hole, par-72 championship course, ranked among the "Top 100 Courses outside the United States" by Golf Digest, is located on the Papagayo Peninsula, just 30 minutes from Secrets Papagayo.
- World-Class Sport Fishing – The Gulf of Papagayo and the Pacific Ocean are renowned for their world-class sport fishing adventures and charters.
- Coco Beach – Coco Beach, known as Playas del Coco, is one of Costa Rica’s most popular beaches. It’s one of the largest villages in Guanacaste, with great infrastructure and plenty of hotels, restaurants, bars and shops. It is a favorite for both tourists and locals looking for an ongoing, beachstyle party.
- Tamarindo Beach – Tamarindo is Guanacaste’s largest coastal center and is frequented by foreigners from all over the world. It has all the amenities of a Costa Rican beach town – surf, sand, sun and a bustling nightlife. This amazing town has become a mecca for surfers, but Tamarindo is also a favorite for eco-travelers.
- Samara Beach – Samara Beach is one of the purest beaches in Costa Rica and is considered to be one of the most beautiful areas in Guanacaste. The beach has been presented with the highly regarded Blue Flag Award, given to only the cleanest and best preserved beaches in the country.
- Santa Rosa National Park – Its beaches are a great option for the perfect getaway. The park boasts easy to find, basic camping facilities where you can enjoy the natural paradise.
- Rincon de la Vieja National Park – Rincon de la Vieja is located northwest of Guanacaste's main transportation hub, Liberia, and it features a wealth of great activities to keep visitors busy such as hiking trails, horseback riding, tubing, mountain biking, and waterfall swimming.
- Barra Honda National Park – 5,000 acres of a protected and important geological resource with a system of caves with stalactite and stalagmite formations. The Barra Honda Peak is 1,476 ft. high with 19 known caves and is made of old coral reefs that were pushed up by tectonic faults. The easiest to access is the Terciopelo Cave and is open to the public.
- Downtown Liberia – Known as the “white city”, Liberia is a typical flatland town with wide streets, old buildings and bahareque houses (a material similar to adobe but made with cattle dung and straw). The city has managed to combine old edifices, customs and traditions with modernism and new buildings, including malls and various modern destinations.
- Arenal Volcano National Park –Previously one of the most active volcanoes in Costa Rica, the beautiful Arenal is indeed a sight to behold. Visit La Fortuna, a tiny town near the base of the volcano, and the marvelous Hot Springs, a tropical paradise to relax both your mind and body.
The Preferred Club is an exclusive area offering exceptional services, preferred status and amenities, and access to a private lounge. The Preferred Club suites offer impressive ocean views all in premium locations as well as:
- Personalized check-in and checkout with concierge service
- Preferred status and amenities
- Private Preferred Club Lounge
- Upgraded mini-bar service and bath amenities
- Daily continental breakfast service, afternoon hot and cold hours d’oeuvres, exquisite desserts & fine liquors served in the Preferred Club Lounge (pictured)
- Complimentary computer access in the Preferred Club Lounge
- Complimentary newspaper in room every day (available in English and Spanish)