This October, we will gather at beautiful St. Philip's in the Hills to celebrate the witness of the Church's ancient, Catholic faith to a modern world. We will spend time in study, worship and fellowship as we explore our call to Catholic evangelism. The conference will be a time of renewal, of inspiration, and of challenge.
We will spend a day at two border ministries, one of which is located in Mexico. YOU WILL NEED YOUR PASSPORT for this excursion.
- The Most Rev'd Melissa Skelton, Bishop of the Diocese of New Westminster and Archbishop of the Ecclesiastical Province of British Columbia and Yukon. Archbishop Skelton is also the Episcopal Visitor of our Society. Former director for the College of Congregational Development and current Director for the Diocesan School for Parish Development in the Diocese of New Westminster, the School established by Archbishop Skelton is now active in five Episcopal dioceses in the USA and one additional diocese in Canada, the Diocese of Ottawa. Archbishop Skelton is the first woman to be elected Archbishop and Metropolitan in the Anglican Church of Canada.
- The Very Rev'd Andrew McGowan, PhD, Dean and President of Berkeley Divinity School and McFaddin Professor of Anglican Studies and Pastoral Theology. Dean McGowan holds a doctorate from the University of Notre Dame. His scholarly work focuses on the life of early Christian communities, and on aspects of contemporary Anglicanism and has published in most recently in Ascetic Eucharists: Food and Drink in Early Christian Ritual Meals and Ancient Christian Worship.
- The Rev'd Scott Gunn, Executive Director of Forward Movement and author of several books/publications including, Walk in Love: Episcopal Beliefs and Practices; Practicing Evangelism; Faithful Questions: Exploring the Way With Jesus.
- The Rev'd Canon Kara Slade, PhD, Episcopal Chaplain at Princeton and Associate Rector at Trinity Church. Dr Slade is Canon Theologian for the Diocese of New Jersey and holds a doctorate in theology and ethics from Duke University, and is the immediate past chair of the Society of Scholar-Priests.
- The Rt Rev'd Francisco Moreno, Bishop of Northern Mexico and Primate of the Anglican Church of Mexico.