- I am 18 years old
- I am from Yambio Village in Western Equatoria, South Sudan
- I am a member of the Zande tribe
- I am determined to make my father proud. 2018 - my family now lives in Kampala, and my father lives and works in Juba so he can provide for us.
- I heard about LASS from a youth facilitator at Refugee and Hope
I am very proud of my father, he has worked hard in order to give me and my siblings an education. I would describe myself as intelligent, patient and hardworking. Before coming to LASS I would have had to add to that list low self confidence. I credit the emotional support I have received at LASS with the improvement of my self esteem.
2018 - Now that I’ve been at LASS for a year, I find what makes it unique is how all the students are a family of friends who live together. The school doesn't only focus on academics but also teaches leadership skills and character development. I am very passionate about improving my leadership skills.
Through the discipleship program I have learned to trust God for everything because he always opens doors for me. - Gad, July 2017
South Sudan will need to end tribalism in order to succeed. - Gad, July 2017
My Vision For The Future
- I want to attend the university in Kampala
- I hope to become a software engineer and run my own company
- I want to be in a position to give back to society
- LASS has prepared me to be a leader for South Sudan
Romans 12:2 is my guiding scipture, it encourages me to not be afraid of being different from others. "Don’t be conformed to the patterns of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your minds so that you can figure out what God’s will is—what is good and pleasing and mature." - Gad, July 2017
"The support I am receiving to attend LASS is preparing me to give back to society. My prayers are for my siblings." - Gad, July 2017
2018 - As the spiritual father in my care group, my leadership skills have greatly improved. I have also become more patient and exemplary. LASS is teaching me to be proactive and observant as I disciple others. My favorite class is the discipleship class. It brings all of us together and teaches us the best way to practically live our lives.