- Amino Acid: A simple organic compound containing both a carboxyl and an amino group
- Compound: a thing that is composed of two or more separate elements; a mixture
- Atoms: basic unit of a chemical element
- Protein: any class of nitrogenous organic compounds that consist of large molecules composed of more long chains of amino acids
- Isotopes: each of two more forms of the same element that contain equal numbers of protons but different numbers of neutrons in the nuclei
"If we are made of atoms, then a scientist studying atoms is actually a group of atoms studying themselves."