Alec and I wandered off to Florida for Easter Weekend and I had the burning urge to drive up to Clearwater Beach to visit with two of our notable beachfront resorts, Opal Sands Resort & Sandpearl Resort.
Clearwater Beach, Florida
Opal Sands Resort is one of my top booked Florida properties and was newly opened in February 2016. It is a wonderful group property with great meeting space, ocean view guestrooms, and a contemporary feel. It is very similar to it's sister property and neighbor, Sandpearl Resort. Both properties are part of the OPAL collection.
- Shuttles are available to transfer overflow groups to and from both properties
- Both hotels boost 230 guestrooms
- Competitive set: Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort and Spa, Don CeSar, The Breakers, and Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort and Spa
- Plenty of dining options within walking distance: 100 or more cute little restaurants, many offering the local fresh seafood (grouper)
- 30 minutes/19 miles from Tampa International Airport
- Two golf course options within 15 minutes from the hotels
- Fun on property team-building options facilitated by their staff: day volleyball, glow in the dark volleyball, beach fire pit, chef's cooking demo, Clearwater Marine Aquarium to see "Winter" the dolphin from "A Dolphins Tale," Segway tours, jet skiing, and other water activities right from the beach
- Ideal group size - 170 rooms
- 25,000 sq. ft. of indoor and outdoor space - beautifulevent space that is mostly indoors
- Breathtaking views from their guestrooms and around 40 rooms in their inventory can be upgraded to suites
- Opal Sands Resort is more of a group house than Sandpearl Resort: Sunday and mid-week arrivals are needed, weekends are busier and tend to sell out