Christmas is here!
It's game time. We've planned. We've scheduled. We've communicated. Everything should be locked and loaded. If it isn't, we have other issues. This prep doc isn't about information. What we need to do now is take the time to refocus on what is important. People. That's the only thing that matters right now. We have flooded every possible airwave with Christmas at Lifepoint. We have invited like I have never seen before. So....they are coming. The people are coming. How do we ensure that we remove ever obstical between them and Jesus? It's simple actually. By loving them. By making it all about them and not about us. We lay down expectations and desires and do whatever it takes to expose people to the love of our Savior.
Jesus didn't die for systems or processes, lights, cameras, beautiful environments or anything of the sort. He died for you. Your name was on his heart as he hung on the cross. The names that are on the link board...each one of them crossed his mind as he hung naked. The least we can do is move ourselves out of the way just enough so that somone else can have and encounter with him.
Here are some "practicals" that will help us have the most amazing Christmas. To God be the Glory!
- Love and accept yourself
- Express your love openly. We are a church that hugs
- Put energy into being likable
- Be first to apologize
- Smile a lot
- Be transparent and authentic
- Lead by example
- Never show your anger in public
- Think people, not events
- Practice the 30/30 principle (the most important part of a service is the 30 minutes before and after the service)
- Walk slowly through the crowd
- Write notes
- Laugh more, make everything fun
- Give others credit and accept none
- Connect people with other people
- Remember names (your goal should be to try to remember the names of 5 people you meet)
- Focus on them. If the conversation becomes about you....stop it.
- Let people know you need them
- Follow the 101% priniciple. Find the 1% that you agree on and give 100% of your effort. Don't focus on what you disagree with.
- Follow the Golden Rule. In every situation, treat people the way you want to be treated.
See you Friday!