- I used a lot of colorful markers to paint two girls who wear opposite style looks. Markers are hard to paint specific because the markers are blunter than other tools but the reason of i chose makers to paint was these are good to paint clearly, so it was useful to color like pop art. While i was expressing contrast, i painted over shadow part to looks three-dimensional. In additional, i collage with printed pictures. Opposite charm is the most important point of this drawing, so i printed some pictures that people usually think "cute" and "sexy" (ex: Teddy bear, cupcake, rose and channel bag) , and pasted around of the girls.
- I think every girl is pretty and they have their own charming point (ex: Cute, Girlish and boyish ), however they think they are ugly and envy other girls. Mind that girls always wants to be the prettiest girl in the world is cutting down themselves. It is important to find their own attractions and love themselves.
"South Korea ferry disaster: Last moments on capsized ferry caught on tape"
- I used water color paint to paint a girl and yellow ribbon behind the her. I have a weak ability to water color painting, so it was kind of challenge for me. I focused on contrast and tried to water color is not spread or mix with color. This painting used bright colors mainly because it has meaning about remember April 16th and wishes hope. In additional, i wanted to make a more solid picture, so i cut the paper and make butterfly shape to paste on the drawing. The 3 color strings and yellow ribbon are also all handmade.
- There was serious accident almost 3 years ago. 301 "Dan won" high school students died in April 16th 2014 by the ferry accident when they went to the school trip. At that moment, many students were able to rescue and alive but the damage was severe because captain was already escaped and the government did not respond quickly. I was so sad when i heard the news. Butterfly represents "Hope" and yellow ribbon represents "Return". I made this for cherish the memory of a deceased students.
- i took this picture in dundas when i went to field trip in grade 12 photography class. I used DSLR which was on the manual mode to take that.
- Before i took this picture, i was very tired to walking for many hours, then suddenly i saw the just normal building and i was very surprised because clouds appeared on the building window by light reflection. The harmony of modern buildings and nature was very beautiful.
- I made pencil to draw a girl hit the baseball step by step on each paper and painted with colored pencils. When i was doing this assignment in grade 11 visual class, Mr. Porter gave me a wooden ball joint doll. It was very helpful to make action about hitting baseball one by one. Furthermore, i made my own creative character and added action to the drawing.
- I think understanding how human moving and draw many scenes when character doing some action are very important to create animation.
- I chose picture which is street of Osaka, Japan. It seemed very crowded a lot of stores and people in the picture. The hardest part was connect each other to prevents the other part is cut off. During cutting paper i was really being careful to cut because knife is very shape and dangerous, also every part was very detail. If i made just one mistake, it makes a lot of damage. However, Ms. Tuzi told us about put the tiny tape back of paper. That idea was very useful to fix the paper cutting. The creative part is while i was making rough copy to cut, i had good idea about change the shop signs. All signs were Japanese and i changed to Korean which is my name, my friend's name and famous wise saying in Korea.
- Japan is my favorite country because i really like Japanese food and Japan has a lot of famous especially cherry blossom lake. The most important reason that Japan my favorite place is I love Japanese animation. Japanese animation has good story and drawing is very detailed. I never been to Japan but i have plan to visit there after graduate.