WUDANG COMBAT APPLICATIONS & SELF-DEFENSE SEMINAR
NOOON – 4:00 PM ON SATURDAY AT THE CENTER FOR AIKIDO & TANG SOO DO STUDIES, COLORADO SPRINGS, COLORADO.
Wudang Daoist Swordsman Michael Xia Chongyi is returning to Colorado Springs to offer a unique workshop in the combat applications within some of the primary Wudang arts. Be it Taijiquan, Xingyiquan, or Baguazhang, each of these arts can be utilized for striking, intercepting, clinching, & takedowns. This workshop will give some foundational movements from each style, and will offer additional tools such as joint locks and pressure points to enhance one's opportunities in a self-defense conflict.
Some expected topics will be:
- Warmups, Qigong for joint health, and self-massage
- Basic coordination and balancing points found in all Wudang styles
- Taiji foundational movements for connecting and controlling the attacker
- Xingyi for disrupting the opponent's movements and controlling the clinch
- Bagua structures and movements for advantageous angling and joint/grab escapes.
- Key ideas for gaining control of the conflict and concepts of taking leverage.
- Answer questions and offer applications to any techniques offered by attendees.
This workshop is hosted by The Center For Aikido & Tang Soo Do Studies. This event is one of over 10 tour stops on this year's Wudang Swordsmen Academy teaching tour with Xia Chongyi. Register before April 1st and save $10!
$50 Early Registration
($60 day of)