- FoUNdation - Fundraising | Volunteering | Future (To Be Determined by You!) | Grants
- Fundraising - create member engaging events (5K and 10K), increase and continue sweeps and silent auctions, create big partnerships, create national 50/50 raffles, increase circle donors (they are the foundation of the foundation), and create weight loss challenge (pledging $ for lbs) - These fund our future.
- Volunteering - trustees, chapter liaisons, and network for big partnerships - New volunteers for our future.
- Grants - Eula, Mae I Get a Grant?, supporting innovative projects, and the road to success is through education.
- Future - wide open for us to do!
Leadership Identification Committee
- Tasks: LIC cards, new types of engagement, attend new and quarterly membership meetings, make personal contacts, follow-up/be consistent and persistent, communicate incentives (answer to 'what's in it for me?'), create letters to employers (answer to 'what's in it for my employer?'), get people to apply by providing a link, listen to issues/concerns and provide solutions, and offer education.
- Strategic partnering, kindness, engaging methods, outgoing OR shy? all are welcome, determined, fun, attentive to detail, fostering growth, guidance, 'fierce', and new blood!
- LIC BUS - The right people on the bus in the right seats.
- Bright spots - qualified, innovative, relationship builders, open-minded, financial gurus (revenue generators), strategist, and tech savvy. - Future-focused! Qualities: giving, heart/passion, born leaders, driven, focused, committed, technologically adept, 'can-do' attitude, energy, positivity, goal-oriented, and "experienced."
- Legal champions - famous authors passionate for a legal cause, heads of known organizations.
- Engaged - Government agencies, states, chapters, other legal associations, and schools.
- Travel to meet new volunteers inside and outside of the association.
- So many applicants! Fast-paced process.
- On the LIC - Understand and carry out operational plan, willingness to reach out and touch someone, recruitment (in-person and online to make connections).
- Any and all certified - marketing to law firms, court personnel, and associations.
- Certification and exams - specialty exams, continue to perfect, resources, outline of written communications questions and subjects to the manuals task force.
- Communications - Between boards for text books, mock exams/SAGEs, and marketing - create liaisons?
- Survey examinees - a marketing to do.
- Incorporate all NALS online education resources into tests.
- Qualified educator on CB for exam input and guidance.
- Binary? computer language technology.
Editorial + Marketing Board
- Communication is what everyone sees for our board (two sections, listed below), technology is our tree trunk, and motivation is the soil from which our tree sprouts.
- Innovation - reaching out, education, past to present history articles and elements, #30DaysofEulaMae Marketing Challenge to Chapters (provide the content and resources for use) - thinking outside the box...
- Inclusion - Highlight chapter wins, recognition, inspiration, firms/marketing to state/local bar and ABA (submit our content for use in their publications?), chapter/state distribution of communications to variety of members.
- IDEA: National Update Day - national day to update all online professional profiles, NALS.org, Indeed, LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.
Manuals Task Force
- Merge Student Study Guide with the Manual
- More fun to read and learn
- Liaison with the Certifying Board
- Add color
- IV Roman Numerals
- Compare Manuals
- Review Manuals
- Change the format
- Outline from Certifying Board to ensure manuals content is cohesive to exams
- Puzzles and learning items
- Create a cliff notes guide for dummies
SAGEs Task Force
Someone who Assists, Guides and Educates
- Focus on the basics we all need
- More volunteers
- Military transition force
- Products mean education
- Support - wind beneath their wings...
- Legal Training Course
- Purpose-driven- understanding our purpose
- SAGE - meaning wise, reflection of experience
- Create elevator speech - Who are we? What do we do?
- More components needed