• Associate Faculty Luncheon 10/24 12pm
• Brown Bag Lectures, Thursdays 12:30-1:30pm
Upcoming Grant Deadlines
• Arts and Humanities Fellowships, November 2nd
• Provosts Awards (promoted LOIs), November 26th
To the following projects and investigators for moving to the next round of the 2019 Provosts Research Awards (PRAs) :
• Networked Publics: An Examination of Mediated Intergroup Communication on Polarizing Sociopolitical Issues, by Sunny Tsai, Ching-Hua Chuan and Weiting Tao
• More Than the Bottom Line: Exploring Social Responsibility Practices in Hospital Settings in the United States, by Queenie Li
• Perceived Workplace Discrimination for Immigrant Internal Publics: The Role of Personal Network Structure and Inclusive Leadership, by Yeunjae Lee
The 2019 LOIs were reviewed by the SoC Research and Creative Support and Services Committee.
Congratulations to the Fall 2018 4C Pilot awards teams and projects:
• An Investigative Project of Formative Research and Decision Aid Web Development for Support to Enrollment in Precision Medicine, by Susan Morgan, Ching-Hua Chuan and Wei Peng
• Targeted HIV/STD Prevention Among Black and Hispanic Young Men Who Have Sex With Men, by Michelle Seelig, Victoria Orrego Dunleavy, Jazmyne Simmons
Important Reminders Regarding Applications for External Funding
- All SoC external funding applications have to be submitted to the Office of Research Administration by the 4C Senior Administrative Assistant, Greta West.
- When possible submit your application at a minimum 3-weeks (15 working days) prior to the application deadline in order for our office to meet the ORA deadlines. A 4-week lead time would be appreciated in order to allow for us to process on time.
- Our office will collect all necessary signatures and submit to ORA
- Please make sure you provide the following documents:
- Complete/Final Application
- Budget Justification
- Funding Announcement
- Guidelines of Award
F&A Waiver Requests must be submitted to ORA at least 15-days prior to the deadline.
Make sure you are up-to-date with your Disclosures (DPS) and Conflict of Interest (COI) training. Links to these services can be found on our website under Research Resources, Post Award.
The SoC Research and Creative Support and Services Committee is currently gathering information on departmental research priorities and needs. Reach out to your Research Committee rep before November 1st, 2018
- CIM: Kontaxis (Clay Ewing on sabbatical)
- JMM: Bruce Garrison
- COS: Soyoon Kim
- STC: Juliana Fernandes