A little about me...
- That's me right there.
- I hold a Communication degree concentrating in Radio and Video Production.
- I also possess an Associate's Degree in Performing Arts.
- I studied both of these passions at Lasell College - where I graduated Cum Laude in May 2018.
- I'm an honors student and an Eagle Scout.
- I've worked in a myriad of industries: Food Service, Information Technology, College Radio, College Admissions & Orientation, and Broadcast News.
- I began a Masters program of Journalism at Emerson College in July 2018.
- My most recent and favorite endeavors include improving my photography and videography skills, and participating in plays and musicals.
- I'm knowledgeable and literate in most computer systems and software including Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop, Premiere Pro, Illustrator, Story, Celtx, Avid Media Composer, Salesforce, and Ringcentral, as well as the Python coding language.
- I'm organized, know how to prioritize, and I'm a quick, willing, and able learner!
Writer/Producer - WCVB NewsCenter 5
Conduct story research. Write VO and SOTVO scripts for broadcast on WCVB-TV's Weekend Eyeopener Newscast.
Newswriter/Intern - WCVB NewsCenter 5
Interviewed Boston Mayor Marty Walsh.Wrote VO and SOTVO scripts for several live-to-air evening newscasts. Conducted digital and electrontic newsgathering. Produced and wrote WCVB’s Taxi TV evening update.
Video Technician, Freelance - MIT Video Productions
Capture event, lecture and documentary video in single-, multi-, and PTZ camera scenarios for physical, digital and livestream media delivery for various departments and organizations of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
Operations Technician, Freelance - Videolink LLC
Facilitate on-site and remote live shots. Receive booking requests and generate work orders for live shots. Book transmission. Track facility and system trouble tickets. Provide superb client service in person, over the phone and through email. Operate shots for network news organizations like CNN, Fox News/Business, MSNBC, CNBC and CBC. Notable experience includes crewing a remote broadcast of MSNBC’s “The Last Word with Lawrence O’Donnell.”
Associate Producer - WEBN-TV Presents the Road to Spring Training: Truck Day Special
Watch the Emmy-winning show below:
Field produced ENG crews covering Red Sox Truck Day at Fenway Park on Februrary 4, 2019. Reported coverage of the event via WEBN’s Twitter page (@WEBNBoston).
Producer - WEBN-TV Special Presentation: 2018 World Series Victory Parade
Watch the Emmy-nominated show below:
Coordinated three remote live shot teams for live broadcast from WEBN's control room. Cued remote teams via IFB when studio anchors tossed program to the street. Communicated pertinent information to live shot teams before, during and after they were on-air.
Operations and Production Intern - Videolink LLC
- Assisted in day-to-day operation of remote camera systems, live shots, and client bookings. This included communicating with network clients such as CNN, MSNBC, and Bloomberg over phone and email to book and execute remote live shots that aired live on television or were pre-taped for later propagation by the client.
- Assisted in both studio and field productions in ways such as computer graphics operator, teleprompter operator, camera operator, craft services acquisition, and set dressing.
Blue Key Society Ambassador - Lasell Office of Admissions - May 2017 to May 2018
- Provide superb customer service both in person and over the phone by providing further information about Lasell College offices, programs, and resources in additional to personal anecdotes about my own college experience.
- Tour guide to prospective students that are considering attending Lasell College by providing anecdotal experiences about my college experience, in addition to showing various academical and residential buildings on the campus.
- Data entry of prospective student data into electronic databases. Data entry includes meticulous input, with attention to detail, of information such as student names, addresses, academic, and extracurricular interests to better tailor campus visits to students and their families, in addition to being able to send pertinent promotional material to students to further increase their interest in Lasell College.
- Organize and post outgoing mail to further increase rapport and interest in Lasell College for prospective students.
Contributing Writer - 1851 Chronicle
- Student journalist for Lasell's on-campus newspaper the 1851 Chronicle. Writing has been featured as online exclusives on the organization's website.
Classroom & Multimedia Support Specialist - Lasell IT - Jan. 2015 to April 2016
- Provided tier 1 and tier 2 technical support for classroom and public spaces through email, phone, remote support systems, and face-to-face assistance.
- Setup and operation of audio and visual equipment for events including projectors, computers, speakers and other sound systems, as well mixers, lighting, and lightboards.
- Monitored and updated trouble tickets for new and existing end-user issues, in addition to projects such as hardware deployment, event set.
- Maintained classroom and public space technology including computers, projectors, networked TVs, networked printers, and print servers.
Station Manager - Lasell College Radio 102.9 WLAS
- Assisted in the station's transition to FM broadcasting.
- Created on-air programs and show schedules.
- Coordinated, assisted, and trained DJs on station equipment and SOP.
- Facilitated communication between the Promotions, Production, Program, News, and Sports departments of the station.
- Acted as liaison between student and professional organizations on the Lasell campus in addition to third party organizations not affiliated with Lasell College.
- Reported weekly charted song playlists to College Music Journal.
- Facilitated station maintenance and upkeep.
Orientation Leader - Lasell College Office of Student Activities - Summer 2015
- Prepared incoming first-year and transfer students for campus life at Lasell College.
- Facilitated a positive Lasell experience for incoming students and their families.
- Provided superb customer service to students and their family throughout the college orientation experience
- Acted as a tour guide and representative of the Lasell College campus and its traditions.
- Executed administrative tasks such as filing, organizing, and the creating program activities.
All content by Spencer Kosior, unless otherwise cited.