The aim of this Adobe Spark Page is to provide activities and inspiration for students to keep enhancing their digital literacy and creativity skills while being isolated at home during the climate of COVID-19.
Home schooling - cool/not cool
As many school students are gradually heading back to face to face classes following COVID-19 restrictions, this is an ideal time to reflect on what has been cool & not cool about home schooling. Click the link below for a Spark flyer reflection activity on home schooling.
Spoil a family member
Have a think about something nice you can do for a member of your family then turn your good deed into a short video with Spark video.
- Give your Mum a makeover.
- Do the dishes, three days in a row.
- Wash all the cars in your family.
- Make all the beds.
- Prepare the evening meal for your family.
- Take the dog for a walk each day for a week.
- Write a note for your parents to tell them how much you appreciate them.
Here is an example of what a boy called Hugh did for his Mum on Mother's Day
See what you can do then share your video with friends and family.
Maker Paper Activity
Mother's Day Spark Activity
TIME for Kids Activity
Draw along with Drew and Rosie during this Time for Kids activity in collaboration with Adobe.
Adobe’s ‘Khan + Create’ Activity
Adobe and the Khan Academy have teamed up to create a series of activities called the Khan + Create Activities
This one is titled:
It is focused on the big question: - How can you tell your story in compelling ways using video?
Click here to access this activity
Get help with Adobe Spark from the EduTips below
Old Joe - Drawing Activity
Click the Old Joe link below to listen to the song about Old Joe and his terrible diet.
- Use pencils, pens, paint, crayons or Adobe Fresco to draw a picture of what you think Old Joe would look like. Make sure the drawing includes elements featured in the song.
- Take a picture or export your drawing and insert it into an Adobe Spark project
If you would like to share your project, click here and complete the submission form
Extra advanced Old Joe projects for those who are game:
- Create a new verse for the song
- Right-click the above Old Joe link and save it to your hard drive then use it as the music background for an Adobe Spark video project
See more information about Adobe Spark below.
Adobe Distance Learning Resources on the Adobe Education Exchange
Have a look at all the amazing activities and resources that are available for students, parents & teachers.
Check this creative drawing site from Adobe.
Have a look at this great site titled Mindfulness in the Time of COVID-19 by Adobe Education Leader Juliette Bentley
EduTips on Adobe Spark
Scroll down to see some CreateEdu TV stories about students doing some really creative activities with the help of Adobe.
What is Adobe Spark?
Adobe Spark is a set of free and simple to use digital creativity tools from Adobe that are available via https://spark.adobe.com or via an iOS device like an iPad or iPhone.
Other CreateEdu TV videos of students being creative with the help of Adobe
Note that all students who can be identified in these video have had a release form signed by a parent or guardian.