My name is Beth Allan, and I spend some of my time looking for terrible or interesting weather and finding ways to photograph it without dying. When it isn't summer storm season, I work as a high school counsellor in Alberta, Canada.
I'm putting this Spark page together to try to aggregate some of the information about me out there on the internet and to provide some information about what I do.
First up: a demo reel of my timelapse footage, followed by the uncut footage of a supercell in Kansas that went a bit viral.
Beth in the News
- SwiftCurrentOnline - Beth Allan's Journey Through the Southwest
- TheWeatherNetwork - The Incredible Storm Photography of Beth Allan
- CBC News - "That's Why We Chase": Alberta Storm Chaser Pursues the Perfect Storm
- The Huffington Post - Alberta Photographer of the Month: Beth Allan
- The Calgary Herald - Alberta Storm Chasers Keep an Eye on the Sky
- Huron University College - Interview Here
- Global News Video - Storm Chaser Beth Allan Speaks About Safety Around Storms
- CTV Calgary Video - Storm Chaser Beth Allan Interview
- The Nature of Things: Wild Canadian Year - Thunderstorms Footage
- The Washington Post - This Photo of Lightning in Front of a Sunset Should Be Hung in an Art Gallery
- The Washington Post - Attacking Storm Chasers Doesn't Accomplish Anything and It's Often Misinformed