Apartheid: Apartheid was a political and social system in South Africa while it was under white minority rule. This was in use in the 20th century, from 1948 to 1994. Racial segregation had been used for centuries but the new policy started in 1948 was stricter and more systematic.
The living conditions
- They could use the restroom if it had a sign that said whites only
- The white people had better education then the blacks
- They thought if you were colored then you weren't has good as a white person
Why it's important to know the Apartheid
- Because segregation still strive in South Africa today
- Many Africans still live in poor towns and don't have good health care like whites do.
- This terrible thing didn't just happen in Africa it also happened here in America
Where else this happens
- This sometimes happens in Alabama, because they think that whites are better then Africans, just because they may have more money or health care.