The State of Today's Student:
*"The top 25% said they spend 7 hours/ day on their phone - practically every moment they're not sleeping or in school"
*42% of Gen Z says social media directly impacts their self-worth.
**46% check Instagram more than 10 times per day, without posting.
(Sources: Business Insider Research & Facebook Insights)
How do you see the presence of social media influence the day to day life of your student-athletes? How about of yourself as a coach or administrator?
How To Build Trust In A Digital World?
The Consequences of "Instant Validation" - Bridging Generational Gaps
What does trust look like to you?
Crucial conversations breed clarity
Impact can be cultivated from:
- Position - Relevance to your audience
- Posture - Non verbal communication*
- Preparation - Ready for opportunity
Application in an ever-changing world
3 Key Tactical Adjustments:
1. "Few things offer greater return on less investment than praise."
What core "language" are you exemplifying? For 1 day, document how many times you encourage your athletes and co-workers.
2. "Others follow you based on the quality of your actions rather than the magnitude of your declarations."
3. "Your enthusiasm becomes their enthusiasm; your lukewarm presentation becomes their lukewarm interest in what you're offering....When the audience is bored, it's not their fault."
Our energy is oftentimes determined by our expectation.