Case Study 2: Family Therapy
- YP 14 - Anxiety - washing of hands, obtrusive thoughts. Parent very anxious about YP.
- 6 sessions - CBT/Family Therapy
- Parent - I dont’ know what I would have done without this, I have been so worried about him. He is so much better and happier now and I understand him more.
- YP - I know my brain better now and I don’t have to wash my hands all the time, I know what I can do so that I don’t worry all the time.
Case Study 3: Play Therapy
- 7 year old referred for Anger and Tantrums.
- Six sessions completed
- Parents - they look forward to going to play therapy and ask ‘is it time yet?’
- Tantrums reduced from three times to once a week.
- Severity of tantrums have reduced.
- Mum also now receiving counselling after speaking to play therapist about how she feels her issues impact on her parenting and child’s difficulties.
Shows how working with one member of the family can help other family members to come forward for support.
- Prefer out of school counselling as I don’t have to leave class and if I get upset I don’t have to go back into class with puffy eyes.
- Without this service I may not be here today!
- These sessions have really helped me to understand myself and my behaviour. I am really grateful.
- I am so grateful for the support ...I was giving up on mental health services.
- EMDR therapy has given me my life back. Thank you!
- Extremely grateful for this service I was so worried about my child’s self harming and didn’t know where to turn!
- We are all getting along so much better as we understand each other more now. The house is a lot calmer and happier because of the sessions
Created with images by StartupStockPhotos - "startup meeting brainstorming" • Shutterbug75 - "agree agreement asian" • Shlomaster - "kite mother family" • FeeLoona - "child tower building blocks" • Alexas_Fotos - "thank you feedback letters"