Photographer - John Mueller
Motion blur has been used in this image of a woman waiting on a train. The woman is positioned in the third right of the image standing on the station platform with the fast moving train taking up the rest of the image. She is wearing a floaty denim skirt with a puffy grey jacket and brown heeled boots. She has a large handbag hanging over her left shoulder with her left hand raised up covering her ear, this suggests that the train is creating a large amount of noise.
To achieve this technique the photographer would have used a slow shutter speed with his camera mounted on a trip-pod to eliminate shake. He also would have used a shallow depth of field in order for the woman to remain the only thing in focus. This technique highlights how fast the train is moving. The focus has been put onto the woman which causes the train to be blurred. The speed of the train has caused the woman's skirt to blow out which has also created a slight motion blur. Other than that the woman is standing completely still.
Personally I really like this technique, I feel it has taken this image to a much more interesting level than if it was simply a woman standing waiting for a train.
Source - http://www.lonelyspeck.com/how-to-make-an-amazing-photo-of-the-milky-way-galaxy/
Photographer - Ian Norman
This is an image taken of the milky way over a desert style landscape.
Compositionally, the photographer has used the 80/20 rule. 80% of the image has been taken up by the milky way leaving 20% for the landscape in the foreground. Having the foreground in the shot gives the image context as oppose to having the image consist purely of the milky way even though this is the main focus of the image.
This image was taken with a DSLR using a Canon 18-55mm lens. The lens was set at 18mm and using manual settings set to f/3.5. A 30 second long exposure has been used to capture a largest amount of stars. I would guess that the photographer has used a ND filter which has added a gradient in the sky.
I think, along with the technique, the composition really makes this image stand out.
Source - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2534431/Face-future-Photographer-daubs-models-flecks-neon-paint-stunning-series-world-images.html
Photographer - Hib Saib
In this portrait style image we see a head and shoulders shot of a young male. He has been splattered with neon paint, focusing around his eyes and along his lashes. The model is staring off towards the right 3rd of the image and into the light source as we can see the catch light in his eyes.
Compositionally this is interesting as his face is off centre. A shallow depth of field has been used and the focal point is on his face making his features stand out.
This effect is achieved by using a UV light as the only light source. The UV light used causes the paint to illuminate the vivid colours of the paint.
Source - https://www.uniquephoto.com/photoinsider/ultimate-tips-for-time-lapse-photography
Photographer - Unknown
The photographer has used and stacked time lapse photography to create this stunning Astral image. This shot we see a bare tree just off the centre of the image. The effect created from the time lapse of the stars creates a colourful blur forming a circle. The tree hits perfectly in the centre of this circle.
To create this effect the photographer has used an intervalometer in order to capture images at set times. A trip-pod would have been used to steady the camera during the time-lapse. This will reduce shake and enable the images to be consistent and able to be stacked in post-processing. The composition of the image would have been considered before setting up the equipment.The edges of the landscape curve up at the corners suggesting that a fisheye lens has been used, this adds an interesting element to the image.
Source - http://technabob.com/blog/2011/04/06/midnight-shot-nv-1-ir-digicam/#
Photographer - Bill Gracey
This night time shot was taken with a night vision camera. The camera was a Midnight Shot NV-1 IR Digicam.
We can see a lakeside surrounded by trees and a small embankment. The infrared of the camera has turned the leaves of the tress and the grass into a crisp white colour, reminiscent of a heavy snowfall. However, its clear that this is due to the technique as there is no snow on the branches or the lake.
I feel that this is a really moving technique that creates a striking image. It takes this simple lakeside image to look like something out of a fairytale.