Next week will see us start to get into rehearsing for our School Production, coming to you on stage Tuesday 11 and Wednesday 12 December…already the songs are sounding great… I hear some of you already know them too!
We also have TOP Team on Wednesday. Sports Tasman join us for the day and we compete in our houses over a variety of activities…some which we get very wet at!
Also next week we have a couple of teams participating in a Football Tournament at Saxton Field.
We are starting to look at our school structure for next year. We are currently in the process of appointing a teacher to fill Kirsty’s maternity leave position for Term one. We are excited we have been able to appoint Lauren to continue to be part of our team for 2019. If you would like to discuss your child’s placement for 2019 please have a chat with me over the next week or so.
Lastly, as you will be aware, school is closed next Thursday 15 November as our Teaching Team is on Strike.
Noho ora mai, Grant and the Team at Upper Moutere School
- Kyrin and Cullen for using your THINKER light and making good choices during a wet lunch time. We are proud of the action you took. Tino Pai
- Mino and Ellie, your LITERATE lights are on full beam. We love how you are taking action to improve you reading. Great stuff!
- Bunnie and Lexi: For being fantastic buddies to Brylee this week. You have been so supportive and caring to our new student in Turama. We are very proud of you both.
- Matai and Leam: Whenever we are singing for production you two are always so enthusiastic and proud. You both have beautiful voices and sing with confidence.
- Eamonn and Marama: For your creative fair posters, advertising the decorations and coasters made by Turama. You both did an amazing job on Comic Life. Mīharo tō mahi- amazing work!
Kaela, Anneke, Aiden, Alfie, Costa and Emma for doing an incredible job of planting plants and gardening.
- Nina: For the kind and encouraging way you support others with their learning. You show great leadership qualities Nina!
- Max: Your determination and effort during a very challenging Mathematics competition was inspiring. We wish you all the very best for a positive outcome.
- Saffron and Liana: Your effort and commitment to multiple projects for the fair has been impressive. Your Creative and Confident Lights are shining bright. We are proud of you.
- Maddy: Thank you for your hard work and perseverance assisting with the sewing this week. Your positive and happy attitude makes learning together so much fun!
Principal Awards 9 November
I am not going to give my award to anyone in particular, I just want to acknowledge so many of our students who helped make our Fair a success, from helping get things ready prior, setting up on Friday and on the day and even helping sort the recycling this Wednesday… you have impressed so many with your great attitude… THANK YOU!
Thank you to all the wonderful people and businesses who supported our fair;
Abel Tasman Sea Shuttles
Aquatic Centre Swim Magic
Ashmore Palms, Gold Coast, Australia
Alpine Crazy Putt and Village Cruises, Hanmer Springs
Chok Dee (Motueka)
Concrete & Metals
Niki – Country Kids Preschool
Department of Conservation
Dove River Peonies
Farmlands Motueka Gumboots - Gardening
Gallagher Animal Management Systems
Hanmer Springs Top 10 Holiday Park
Hilltop Native Nursery
Flight Centre Richmond
Flip Out, Nelson
Gundula – Harakeke Preschool
Hunting & Fishing
TaniaJones & Phil Grover
John Erni – John Erni Building
Joie de Vrie
Kai Restaurant Kaiteriteri Beach
Katie Gold & Owen Bartlett
Khyber House - Sheree Harvey & Mark
Kimi Ora Eco Resort
Gloria & Wayne LeFranz
Life And Leisure Magazine
Kim & Kerry Lineham
Mapua Chalets Active Kids
Mitre Ten Mega - Motueka
Motueka Top Ten Holiday Park
Motueka Recreation Centre
Moutere Gold / Old Post Office Deli
Moutere Hills Community Centre
Moutere Hills Fitness Centre
Moutere Hills Vineyard
Move Good Now
New World, Motueka
New World, Motueka
O2B Healthy, Nelson
Olykan Family & Valerie Gribble
On the Spot Upper Moutere
Pak N Save
Paper Plus Richmond
Paper Plus Motueka
Pete’s Natural Lemonade
Pics Peanut Butter
Prestige Family (Shirley)
Resene Paint Richmond
Ruby Bay Kitchen – Tony Robson-Burrell Sage & Clare
Saints Cafe, Restaurant & Bar - Hanmer Springs
Stirling Sports, Motueka
Tasman Rugby - Makos
Tasman Hill Lodge
TDC – Nichola Brydon
The Copier Co
The Bike Shop
The Framing Rooms
The Kiss Co
The Sausage Press Deli Co.
The Smokehouse (fish sales)
3 Bee Skincare
Tonic Hair & Beauty
Trailways Hotel, Tide Restaurant
Upper Moutere Tennis Centre
Upper Moutere Fire Brigade
Underground (Richmond Mall)
Upson Wood Splitter
Urban Oyster Bar
Vanessa Mairs Tennis Coaching
Waimea Motors (NPD) Richmond
Waste No More
Wheelie Fantastic Bike Hire
Wilderness Canoe Trust
Willow Creek Farms
Wilsons Abel Tasman
Zest Living & Cooking
Sports & Community Notices
Entries are open for the Nelson Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon on Sunday 3 March 2019at Tahunanui Reserve. The TRYathlon is all about giving it a TRY and is rewarding and fun day out for you and your child. Participants need to be aged 7 – 15 years old and can complete the TRYathlon as an individual or in a team of two.
To enter the TRYathlon visit www.try.weetbix.co.nz Our school has created a School Group which you can join when you enter from home. Search for Upper Moutere School when prompted. By linking to our school group it will give us the chance to win some cool prizes.
If you have any school related questions please contact Saree or Cathy, otherwise contact the Weet-Bix TRYathlon team; email email@example.com or phone 0800 WEETBIX
The next Messy Church event is to be held on Tuesday 27th November, 5-7pm. This is an event for all ages involving creativity, celebration and hospitality. During the evening there will be activities for parents, grandparents, children, teenagers and pre-schoolers. Children under 14 years must be accompanied by an adult. For more information about this event, please phone the Parish Office on 528 8825 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
A & P Show grounds 10th November 10.00am – 3.00pm Come along to this fundraiser and see various trucks and trailers and vote for your favourite truck. There will be market stalls, food and coffee along with raffles. Live entertainment as well as Blast Entertainment with their bouncy castles and rides. - $5 Adults, $3 Children or $10 for the family.
LEGO: Top of the South Brick Show Founders Park Energy Centre 17th & 18th of November 9am to 5pm $2 per person proceeds to Nelson Tasman Hospice