Big News in 2019
- Designed a customized technical assistance (TA) and training offering to connect states and localities to national experts, strategic planning services, and systems mapping opportunities.
- Created a Competence to Stand Trial (CST) model, which identifies opportunities for diversion in the CST process.
- Received silver-level recognition in the American Heart Association’s 2019 Workplace Health Achievement Index.
- Released a suite of suicide prevention icons for free public use to advance conversations around suicide prevention.
- Introduced quarterly chair massages as a new occupational wellness benefit to staff.
A Selection of 2019 Contracts
- Policy Research received a renewal of the SAMHSA SOAR TA Center contract. Through this renewal award, the SOAR TA Center will conduct learning communities, webinars, national SOAR Online Course cohorts, and Online Course Review Sessions, and will also develop a SOAR mentorship program.
- Policy Research has contracted with the Trueblood Court Monitor's Office in Washington State to address issues related to competence to stand trial and jail diversion.
- The National Alliance for Mental Illness-Georgia has contracted with Policy Research to conduct a series of Crisis Intervention Team Trainings for Youth throughout the State of Georgia to enhance law enforcement response to youth in crisis.
Selected Publications and Topics
- Acute, Sub-acute, and Step-down Jail Populations
- Competence to Stand Trial and Competency Restoration
- Employee Mental Health and Workplace Well-Being
- Medication-assisted Treatment in the Criminal Justice System
- Preventing Suicide among SMVF
- Safety and Justice Challenge Sites’ Behavioral Health Strategies
- SOAR for Children
- The Co-responder Model
- The Sequential Intercept Model
- Youth with Behavioral Health Needs in the Juvenile Justice System
Photos by Rocco Farano and Nicole Vincent-Roller