New Modern Panache Tucked Away from the Street
10 Atherton Avenue, Atherton
Secluded from the street, beyond a long, gated driveway, this just-completed Contemporary unfolds with a sleek, linear design complemented by entire walls of glass and cedar decking.
The unique and desirable space is sheltered by mature trees for added privacy, while water features add natural sound, and a courtyard-style pool is bordered by a vast stretch of lawn. An immense pivoting front door introduces the quality found within, where white oak floors unify the two levels connected by a vertebrae staircase. A theme of linear patterns is found on the staircase, with vertical cylindrical railings, and outside with slatted wood framing the owner’s suite deck. Cabinetry and closets all seamlessly blend into the walls without benefit of hardware, and Fleetwood windows and glass doors extend from floor to ceiling at a height of ten feet on the main level. In the kitchen great room, the glass disappears entirely into the walls on three sides for a wonderfully open connection to the deck, pool, and grounds.
Step down from the foyer to the central room that provides options for formal living and/or dining with three sets of double French doors to a rear garden with fire pit and water features. The kitchen is sleek and modern with fine wood cabinetry, honed countertops, and an island that separates a casual dining area. There is a dedicated room tucked away in privacy that is perfect for today’s work-from-home needs or a fitness center plus there is a large bedroom suite with outside entrance and curbless shower on this level.
Upstairs, the design is exceptionally bright and light geared toward the outdoors with floor-to-ceiling walls of glass in all four bedrooms, each with en suite bath, looking out to the verdant views. The primary suite benefits from an enchanting outdoor living space, and it has a large walk-in closet ready for personalization and a modern bath with privacy afforded by opaque glass walls and doors. Outside, the grounds are equally modern with natural grasses as well as manicured lawn and crushed stone paths complementing mature trees and the sparkling pool at the center of it all.
Offered at $11,600,000
Architecture + Design
- Just-completed modern home with exceptional design and amazing natural light
- Gated driveway to a discrete “flag” lot of just over one-half acre
- 5 bedrooms, office, and 5.5 baths on two levels
- Sleek, modern linear design with accents of slatted wood and pivoting front door
- Floors in porcelain or engineered white oak, including vertebrae staircase lined with vertical cylindrical railings
- Fleetwood windows and glass doors throughout; 10-foot tall on main level
- Spacious formal living and dining room combination with three sets of French doors to the rear gardens
- Great room with kitchen, dining, and living area has a linear gas fireplace and multiple sets of disappearing glass walls on three sides for seamless indoor/outdoor living
- Modern open kitchen with island has honed countertops, entire wall of concealed pantry storage, and integrated wet bar
- Gas cooktop, 2 ovens, dishwasher, and concealed refrigerator
- Office or fitness room on main level plus bedroom suite with deck access, walk-in closet, and bath with curbless shower
- Upstairs owner’s suite opens to a very private deck and has a walk-in closet and sleek modern bath with free-standing tub plus shower and private commode room, each with opaque glass walls and doors
- Three additional bedrooms, each with entire walls of glass, one with private front deck, and each with en suite bath (two with tub and overhead shower and one with curbless shower)
- Upstairs laundry room; attached 3-car garage wired for EV charging
- Contemporary gardens with natural grasses, lawn, sparkling pool, water features, and fire pit
- Approximately 5,358 total all-inclusive square feet on a lot of approximately 23,550 square feet
- Close to downtown Menlo Park, Highway 101 to Silicon Valley and San Francisco, and Stanford University
Life + Leisure
Atherton | California
Blu Skye Media