We aim to...
- Create a platform where the youth can devise ideas, strategies and solutions that can contribute to reducing plastic debt and plastic pollution.
- Act as a medium for children to implement the ideas, based on the available resources and feasibility.
- Engage children in educational and hands-on activities that will create an all-round awareness and understanding of the existing problem of plastic.
The screening was followed by a quick guided discussion where children shared their biggest learning and takeaways from the film.
"Every time we go to the beach, just out of convenience, we end up littering the shores. It is important that we overcome this laziness and casual attitude and think about the harmful impact plastic has on the oceans and the animals, when using and disposing of plastic."
- Aditya, Grade 9, Dixit BMC School, Mumbai
"During our plastic audit we visited several supermarkets, pharmacy, restaurants, and stationary stores. When asked if they use plastic, most of the shop owners would deny the usage of plastic. But it was evidently visible that most of their products was packaged in plastic. Also, most of them shared that they don't recycle plastic, and instead just dispose it off."
- Team: Priti, Sonali, Neetu, Ayesha, Tannu
creating plastic art
In collaboration with artist, Nehal, children reused over 80 plastic bottles to create works of art. The artworks were characterized by wind chimes of all shapes such as planets, fishes, butterflies, rockets, and much more. Children also planted seeds into their very own plastic flower pots, as a promise to always do their bit to save the environment.
Some of the best suggested solutions included:
- Designing and developing a machine or station where people can give plastic in return for money.
- Inventing an alternative to plastic, because we can't go by just producing and recycling plastic. The cycle will never end then.
- Spread awareness through skits, dramas, dance performances etc.
- Inspire people to make bags from waste clothes in their homes.
- Make beds out of waste plastic which can be donated to hospitals for patients