- Measure 50mL of TAE buffer and pour into beaker
- Measure .8g of agarose and pour into beaker
- Heat beaker at 265 degrees Celsius and stir until no particulate can be seen at the bottom
- Pour mixture into the gel trays.
- Insert a comb into the tray.
- Allow time to cool.
- Place cooled gel in gel electrophoresis chamber.
- Pour TAE buffer to cover gel
- Transfer DNA samples into respective wells
- Turn on Gel Electrophoresis chamber.
- Remove gel from chamber and coat the gel in stain.
(left right wells away 1-5)
1- child number 2
2- child number 1
3- wild type
5- no DNA