There are a lot of different groups at TA that people tend to put labels on. Everybody does it, and some even put a label on themselves. Out of all the possible labels at TA I could have chosen, I chose hicks.
Hick: " A person who lives in the country, regarded as being unintelligent or provincial."
- Oxford English Dictionary
What Is expected of hicks
- Hicks are expected to be less intelligent and sophisticated then others
- To have a care free attitude
- Fish and hunt, be an outdoors person
- Drink beer and smoke cigarettes
- Drive a truck and do burnouts
- Be inteligent about motors and building things
- Wear camouflage hats with hook pieces on the brim along with carhart working pants and logging boats
- Wear a lot of flannels and camouflage
- Talk less articulate and less educated than others
What label I think others put on me
I often times think people see me as a hippie, so I chose hippie.
Hippie: "A person of unconventional appearance, typically long hair, associated with a subculture involving a rejection of conventional values and the taking of hallucihenic drugs"
-Oxford English Dictionary
I often times think people will place me in the hippie label group. They may do this for a bunch of reasons but mostly I think it's my long hair and calm, easy going personality, but I'm no hippie. Hippies tend to stray from the norm, by having unconditional values, wearing unusual clothing often times with lots of colors and tie dye, along with having more spiritual beliefs and behaviors. I'm the opposite, I'm more materialistic than spiritual, and prefer les vibrant clothes. I find hippies to be peretty cool though, the way they live their life and the beliefs they have, I respect it but I'm not apart of it. I think it's a misconception to put long hair on a boy, with being a hippie, yes it's common among hippies but long hair doesn't necessarily make someone a hippie. My brother doesn't quite seem to grasp this idea, sense he's always saying, "cut your hair hippie", he's a hick so he's not fond of hippies or long hair.