Rehearsals This Week
- Tuesday 6:00p-8:30p (EVRYBODY)
- Thursday 6:00p-8:30p (EVERYBODY)
Please check-in WITH YOUR STUDENT IDs at your designated areas. See links below for details.
Unexcused Absences will result in a 20-point deduction from your Three-Week Daily Skill Development Grade.
Unexcused Tardies and/or no ID will result in a 10-point deduction from your Three-Week Daily Skill Development Grade.
Marching Band News
Bring your student IDs to rehearsal. We will scan your IDs for attendance. If you do not bring your ID, we will scan you in as tardy. Please contact your house office about obtaining a student ID.
2020 Performance Calendar
- Sept 19: PICTURE DAY in Eagle Stadium
- Sept 25: Plano East
- Oct 2: Atascocita
- Oct 16: Tyler Lee (Homecoming)
- Oct 30: McKinney Boyd (Boo Bowl)
- Nov 13: Denton Guyer
- Nov 14: Region 25 UIL Marching Contest (Nov 16: Rain Date)
- Nov 27: Prosper (Senior Game)
Note that Saturday, Sept. 19 will be our marching band picture day. Rather than having them in the gym, we will have them in Eagle Stadium. Please put this Saturday in your calendars for an early morning session. Details soon.
Online Registration Past Due
Registration is now past due. Please see the link above to complete your registration. ALL students regardless of At-Home, In-Person, Marching Band, or Non-Marching Band are required to complete the online form.
The purpose for registration is to:
- Submit required paperwork
- Pay required marching band fees (if applicable)
- Pay instrument usage fees if you are using a school-owned instrument
- We will establish a distribution day for paid items soon (BEFORE our first performance).
Music & Section Fundamentals
See link above for access to All-Region music, stand tunes, traditional show music, and Star Wars music (directors will assign parts). Parts to Bohemian Rhapsody and our drill team/color guard tunes will be added soon.
Included in this link is a section video page. This page includes links and Remind codes for each section. There is also a great video produced by our Band Council and SLTs on our marching fundamentals. You can view this resource to practice at home!
Private Lessons (Virtual)
All students are highly encouraged to take private lessons. Currently, lessons are offered virtually as we will not have face-to-face lessons in AISD at this time. Know that All-Region Auditions will be VIRTUAL this year. Taking virtual lessons will give you a huge opportunity for maximizing your potential as you prepare for your virtual All-Region audition.
You may take lessons during your assigned band class (At-Home & In-Person). Directors will have a list of students that have lessons each day during class. At-Home students on-line must check-in with director before leaving for their virtual lesson. In-Person students must check-in before their lesson time; they may have their virtual lesson in a practice room. Practice rooms will locked if not being used for a lesson and sanitized/locked after all lessons.
- Aug 25: Marching Rehearsal - ALL MARCHING BAND STUDENTS (6-8:30p)
- Aug 27: Marching Rehearsal - ALL MARCHING BAND STUDENTS (6-8:30p)
- Sept. 1: Marching Rehearsal - ALL MARCHING BAND STUDENTS (6-8:30p)
- Sept. 3: Marching Rehearsal - ALL MARCHING BAND STUDENTS (6-8:30p)
- Sept. 8: Marching Rehearsal - ALL MARCHING BAND STUDENTS (6-8:30p)
- Sept 8: General Parent Meeting (Virtual)
- Sept. 10: Marching Rehearsal - ALL MARCHING BAND STUDENTS (6-8:30p)
Created with images by Travis Chiles "No Escape From Reality", Wesley Tingey - "untitled image" • Trent Erwin - "Hard at work" • Lauren Mancke - "Taking notes at coffee time" • Mat Reding - "untitled image" • Gabriel Benois - "Home School, quarantine :(" • Ron - "untitled image". Photo Credits: Calvin Ku