Chromium By: lydia may
- Discovered - french chemist/pharmacist Louis-Nicolas Vauquelin
- year: 1797 place: Paris
- Found while experimenting w/ Siberian red Lead
- 1798 - found how obtain chromium (mineral chromite)
- Chroma - greek word for color
- yellow paint pigment
- dying leather
- Stainless steel for safes, cutting tools
- wood firing blocks
- green coloring
- Medicinal - still experimenting
- Diet requires chromium - metal trace - metabolism for sugar
- 1/2 chromium world - South Africa, Kasakhstan, India, Turkey
- Before: 1800s mostly used - paint pigments
- After: now 85% used - metal alloys
- Chromium isn't a health problem - compounds toxic if eaten
- If Chromium has 24 electrons how many valence electrons does it have?
- What medicinal uses does Chromium have?
- What other element did Louis-Nicolas Vauquelin discover?
- In what era was Chromium popular being used as a paint pigment?
"Chromium - Element Information, Properties and Uses | Periodic Table." Chromium - Element Information, Properties and Uses | Periodic Table. Ed. John Emsley. Royal Society of Chemistry, 2015. Web. 20 May 2016.
"Chromium." Kids.Net.Au. Ed. Kids Net.au. Kids.net.au, 2016. Web. 20 May 2016.
Contributors, Wikipedia. "Chromium." Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation, 17 Mar. 2016. Web. 20 May 2016.
Hillary, Dr. Matts. "What Are Alloys?" What Are Alloys? ICME Newsletter, 1997. Web. 20 May 2016.
N.d. Website, n.p.
Thomas Jefferson National Accelerator Facility - Office of Science Education. "The Element Chromium." It's Elemental -. Steve Gagnon, 20 May 2016. Web. 20 May 2016.